The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

They Don't Make 'Em Like That Any More

Have fun, but keep it reasonably clean, remember this is a moderated, family-oriented site!
Forum rules
Where appropriate, some of the word games in this forum have an explanation on how the game works and these are given in the first post on Page 1 of that topic. If you are unsure how the game works then please read these in advance of posting at these links: WORD ASSOCIATION GAME and Add (+) or Take (-) a Letter Game
Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

They Don't Make 'Em Like That Any More

Post by Dave » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 am

Everyone has a favourite song, probably many favourites. Here's the place to post them so we can all enjoy them. I'll start with 'The Moody Blues', who went on to make some great records, this is one if their early one's, with a young lead singer called Denny Laine. He went on to join Paul McCartney's group, Wings.

If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: They Don't Make 'Em Like That Any More

Post by morty1753 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:51 am

A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum

Not sure how to post this properly

amended to include video by admin.
I before E except after C - That's weird

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi morty,

I was shown by boatbuilder how to make a youtube video appear in your post. If you copy and paste the link into your message, then highlight it and click on the 'youtube' icon/button, 'morty 3', it should look like 'morty 1. Then delete the first part of the link so that it looks like 'morty 2'. When you submit the post the video will appear on screen as part of your message. If you always delete from the forward slash back to 'https' it should work every time. I hope that makes sense, what's clear in my head doesn't always come out clear when I try to explain it. :D
morty 3.JPG
morty 3.JPG (10.17 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
morty 1.JPG
morty 1.JPG (11.79 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
morty 2.JPG
morty 2.JPG (10.1 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Of coure you could just copy that particular part of the URL that you need, Mb3iPP-tHdA in Dave's example, and just paste that between the sets of Youtube BBCode.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:30 pm

I did post a link to this (first) one in a news topic late last year as this is one of my favourite tracks from their very first album in 1965. The second one is also taken from that same album and was penned by Bob Dylan. I like this video from 1966.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 am

Thanks to Dave and BB for explaining how it is done
I before E except after C - That's weird

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:50 am

One record that brings back good memories for me is this one (If I have followed Dave and Boatbuilders instructions properly ;) )

My Flickr pictures look here

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 pm

Mick Carter shares your liking for 'Pretty Flamingo' too, Mel. :D

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Picking my favourite Beatles song is more difficult than picking six winning Lottery numbers, so I'll say this is one of my favourites. dancer1

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:29 am

Dave wrote:Picking my favourite Beatles song is more difficult than picking six winning Lottery numbers, so I'll say this one of my favourites.
I must admit I was never a great fan of the Beatles, and I have many more of Billy Fury's records than theirs. I have the same sentiments in choosing my favourite of his and this has to be one of them. However, it was only whilst going through the videos on YT that I found this and didn't know that his mother had only died less than two months ago. So this video, which is a tribute to her, seems rather apt.

On reading the text within this video, it also mentions her other son Albert who had also died before her in 2011. I remember seeing him perform in a club I used to frequent in Liverpool in the mid-1960's called the 'Mardi Gras'. His group then was Jason Eddie and the Centremen and I have included a video of him below filmed in 2005 singing one of his brother's songs at a venue across the Mersey from Liverpool in New Brighton.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:51 pm

boatbuilder wrote:I must admit I was never a great fan of the Beatles, and I have many more of Billy Fury's records than theirs.
Sheila saw your post and she was, still is in fact, a great Billy Fury fan. She commandeered the laptop once she knew she could watch his videos and I've just got it back, after a tussle that is. :argument: :lol: :lol:

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:05 pm

This is a favourite song and video of Sheila's, years ago she taped it and somehow it was recorded over. Now she knows it's on youtube she's a very happy lady. Not only is it a great song by a great singer, it'll make you laugh, Danny de Vito rules. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:18 pm

This is a quite modern song by comparison to those already posted, but as it's the anniversary of the death of Amy Winehouse and I like 'Valerie' here's the video. Of course there is also the fact that I couldn't hang around for thirty or more years to post it. :lol:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Maybe you could post it again when you celebrate your centenary, Dave. Image :lol:

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:02 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Maybe you could post it again when you celebrate your centenary, Dave.
I hope so, boatbuilder, minus the walking frame, though, so that I can bust a few moves. :D Out of interest, which site do you get your GIF's/Smilies from?