The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Where / What / Who is it? "Quiz"

Have fun, but keep it reasonably clean, remember this is a moderated, family-oriented site!
Forum rules
Where appropriate, some of the word games in this forum have an explanation on how the game works and these are given in the first post on Page 1 of that topic. If you are unsure how the game works then please read these in advance of posting at these links: WORD ASSOCIATION GAME and Add (+) or Take (-) a Letter Game
Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Where / What / Who is it? "Quiz"

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:34 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Google to the rescue, below is a copy and paste from IMDB. I didn't realise A Touch of Frost ran for so long.

A Touch of Frost is a British crime drama series that on ITV in the UK from 1992 - 2010 and is based on the novels by R.D. Wingfield and was one of the longest running TV series in television series. The series takes place in the fictional town of Denton.

The episode 'Fun Times for Swingers' had Christopher Driscoll playing Bob Bowker.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:08 pm

I thought 'Denton' would have given it away without the need for 'Mr. G', along with the extra clue that you mentioned, 'OF and H' and the David Jason connection. :D

I have all the series on DVD and the final episode was made with three different endings. The one that was shown on TV ended where Frost's colleague D.S. George Toolan died. I don't believe the episodes with the different endings have ever been aired, and strangely enough I have never watched those two either. Perhaps it's time I did. I assume one of the endings sees the demise of Frost himself so maybe I couldn't bear to think of that happening at the time. I must get round to watching them after more than 12 years. :D I have to say it was probably my favourite series over those 18 years.

In the late 1990's I used to drive along the A143 yellow road on that map twice every weekday, when I travelled to Bury St Edmunds, where I worked for a few years, and back, and saw the signs to 'Denton' and 'Wingfield' and always thought of the series, which of course was airing at the time. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:37 pm

"What am I eating?"

(Clue: it's not fish or chips :D )
IMG_5807rs.jpg

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:33 am

Is it a rodent of some sort, boatbuilder?
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:35 am

It’s not, Dave. Here is another picture before it had consumed/lost part of it

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:46 pm

That looks like an onion ring.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:54 pm

It is. :D