The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Where / What / Who is it? "Quiz"

Have fun, but keep it reasonably clean, remember this is a moderated, family-oriented site!
Forum rules
Where appropriate, some of the word games in this forum have an explanation on how the game works and these are given in the first post on Page 1 of that topic. If you are unsure how the game works then please read these in advance of posting at these links: WORD ASSOCIATION GAME and Add (+) or Take (-) a Letter Game
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Where / What / Who is it? "Quiz"

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I've never been into fishing Dave so wasn't sure about that one. I hadn't got round to looking at them until after Mel had posted so he can take the honour for the 'connection'. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 pm

My knowledge of fishing is next to nothing, boatbuilder, but when in doubt give Google a shout. :D
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Find the 'Odd One Out', some are quite easy, some quite hard and a couple that might wear your Google finger out. :D There's bound to be more than one answer to some puzzles but no one is allowed to give up until I get the answer I want. :twisted: :lol:
OMO 1.JPG
OMO 1.JPG (54.61 KiB) Viewed 92 times
OMO 2.JPG
OMO 2.JPG (47.28 KiB) Viewed 92 times
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Don't threaten ME Dave, :argument: I'LL decide if I want to 'give up' :D :lol:

Here are my 15 although I'm not sure how many will tally with your answers.

No. 1 - All are from the "AFI's list of "Best 100 Movie Quotes in American Film," but 'Ill have what she's having' was the only one spoken by a non-professional actor.
No. 2 - They have all only ever played for one football club in the Premier League but Ryan Giggs is the only Welsh Player - the remainder are English.
No. 3 - They have all been in 'Les Miserables' - but Alfie Boe is the only one 'on-stage' the rest were in films
No. 4 - They are all subjects of 'Carry On' films except for Captain
No. 5 - All were names of battles in 'Civil Wars' (English, American and Russian) except Monmouth which was in a 'Revolutionary War' (US).
No. 6 - This is a 'long-shot'. All are/were sportsmen but Willie Carson (Jockey) is the only one who had a sportsman namesake who was a Scottish-born US Soccer player
No. 7 - All novelists who have had at least one book made into a film except for Kingsley Amis
No. 8 - All are types of structures in civil engineering except for ring
No. 9 - Great Britain is not a country as determined by the UN, the other three are.
No. 10 - They have all been leaders of their respective political parties but only Harold Wilson served as Prime Minister.
No. 11. - Beaver is the odd one as Fox, Owl, Crow together form the name of a Band https://foxowlcrow.bandcamp.com/
No. 12 - Nirvana is an American Rock Band, the others are all English
No. 13 - Mrs. Bridges (Upstairs, Downstairs) Mrs Patmore (Downton Abbey) Ian Beale (Eastenders) are all fictional cooks Jamie Oliver is a real cook/chef.
No. 14 - JP Richardson is the odd one out (Big Bopper) Michael Landon (Little Joe) Nell Trent (Little Nell) Richard Penniman (Little Richard)
No. 15 - All lie within, or partly within the tropics except for Iceland.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Well done, boatbuilder, you have six right so far. Numbers 3/4/5/10/13/14 are right, I thought number 5 would take a bit of getting but you proved me wrong. Number 2 is heading in the right direction but it has nothing to do with nationalities. Number 8 needs to be more specific, 'types of structures' is close but not close enough. I've also got a joke for the right answer and it won't work without it. :D You've given the answer to number 10 almost word for word as it appears on the answer sheet. You weren't looking over my shoulder when I typed it I hope? :D ;)

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 pm

They're my answers and reasonings for now Dave, I'll leave it up to someone else to arrive at your answers if they're different. I spent far too long on them this evening. :D Don't be fooled by the time of my post which was only 39 minutes after your post. That was the time of my first answer, I kept adding to it as the evening wore on and there had been no further replies. :D
Dave wrote:You weren't looking over my shoulder when I typed it I hope?
You'd be surprised what my 'permissions' in the ACP and on the server allow me to do. :lol:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:00 am

As nobody else seems to want to try, I'll attempt to fill in the blanks.
Re No.9. France is the only country that isn't or hasn't been known by another name. (United Kingdom, Soviet Union, Holland). OR maybe Great Britain, because it hasn't got a national football team under that name.
Re No.11. It's still Beaver ... because it doesn't contain the letter 'O' :D .... but more likely because it is cold-blooded. The others are all warm-blooded.
Re No.15. Brazil is the only country that isn't an island

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:43 pm

That's number 15 correct, boatbuilder, but not 9 & 11. Number 9 could be any answer from loads of them, if your flagging I'll give you a clue. Number 11 is just as hard, Frankie Goes To Hollywood sang about the answer but only two of them. :huh: :D

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Here is a simple - What is this?
MXR001.jpg

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Would it have anything to do with Mount Rushmore, boatbuilder? The bit where they ran out of Presidents. :D

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 pm

It is Mount Rushmore Dave. However, it was taken at the commencement of work circa 1929.
Mount Rushmore.JPG

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Here are the answers to the 'Odd One Out' quiz.
Answers 1.JPG
Answers 1.JPG (90.76 KiB) Viewed 27 times
Answers 2.JPG
Answers 2.JPG (68.12 KiB) Viewed 27 times

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 am

Question 9 is somewhat misleading Dave, as Great Britain doesn’t boast a flag in the modern world since the union with Northern Ireland. The current Union Jack is the flag of the ‘United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland’.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:12 am

Sorry about that, boatbuilder, my mistake, I didn't know about the change of names.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Not a problem Dave, I suppose it is a very debateable point. It's just that I wouldn't have associated flags with the question as you specifically said GB rather than UK. I'm not saying I would have had you said UK. :D

What is this?
DSC03843.jpg

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 pm

A sponge?
I before E except after C - That's weird