The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Digital Concert Hall

Discussion about all things artistic, whether you've created it yourself or have viewed it somewhere else. Music, cinema, theater, painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture, crafts and dance all come under this heading.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Digital Concert Hall

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:37 am

Last night I noticed a new 'app' had appeared on my Sony Blu-ray player's home screen entitled 'Berliner Philharmoniker' so decided to find out what it was after I had watched the movie I was about to play and it turned out to be very interesting if you have any interest in classical music.

After you register you are given a free 7-day ticket which gives access to, amongst other things, live streaming of concerts by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra and others through the app which is actually called 'Digital Concert Hall'. However, it is not just limited to the app but can also be accessed through the website on a PC. After the free trial there are various options to continue by either subscribing or purchasing 'tickets' online (see image below). These are all priced in Euros so you have to convert to £'s or $'s depending on your currency.

I plan to start my 7-day trial tonight (Tuesday) with a live concert by the Munich Philharmonic and see how it goes. There are three further live concerts available during my 7-day trial as the 'Berlin Musikfest' is currently on, so may watch some of those as well. There is also a large archive of past concerts that can be viewed as well, one of which I was able to watch for free earlier before I activate the free trial later.

There is a link to the website below where more details can be found and incidentally, you don't have to register any payment method in advance of your trial so if you don't like it then there is nothing to cancel.

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/live
DCH.JPG
DCH.JPG (31.38 KiB) Viewed 848 times
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Digital Concert Hall

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:22 pm

I watched my first 'live' concert tonight which was given by the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra at the 'Musikfest Berlin' and was very impressed with the presentation. The main piece was Shostakovich's 4th Symphony. The HD picture quality was excellent as was the sound, even though I was relegated to watching it on the laptop with earphones. (The wife wanted the TV). I have just watched another concert from the 'archive' but this time through the Blu-ray player app on the TV and once again top quality. It was one from 2011 with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Sir Simon Rattle with the superb guitar soloist Cañizares playing Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo. There were some excellent close-ups of the guitar playing throughout and I really enjoyed one of my favourite classical pieces. I will be seriously considering a subscription once my seven day free trial is up.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget