The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

World cup 2014

All things sports related.
Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Male

World cup 2014

Post by Aussie K » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Whew ! Holland are off to a spectacular start.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: World cup 2014

Post by funkychick » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:06 am

That was a great match Aussie I was really happy with the result and an exciting game too 5-1 was most unexpected
Croatia were robbed the day before and Cameroons and Mexico was utterly boring imo
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:56 pm

A big night game for England tonight and I may not see it Im'e off to a party and may not get home in time.
So Fc is a football fan included in her repertoire! whatever next fc.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Got my grandson and his cousin my granddaughter from Ireland in their England wigs and flags waiting for the start I ve no choice really Aussie you either beat 'em or join 'em
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:47 am

Well that was a disappointment England needs to do better that that :-(

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:56 am

They certainly need to do better defensively Funkychick but I wasn't disappointed with their attacking play but I do think it may be time to give Wayne Rooney a rest.

I always enjoy the BBC's sports coverage but they have made a mistake having Phil Neville as a pundit...I am sorry he just hasn't got a commentator's voice it was boring and monotonous, I was sorely tempted to put the radio on for my commentary.
My Flickr pictures look here

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:43 am

Rooney has needed a rest for a long time IMO Mel he was a great player once but hasn't been for a loooong time now. Yes definitely our defence was the let down - I nearly fell asleep towards the end but that might be more about me than the match LOL

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:41 am

It has been enjoyable watching the World Cup so far hopefully it will be even more enjoyable after tonight if/when England beat Uruguay. There has been some very good goals scored, Van Persie's header for the Dutch against Spain and Cahill's rocket for Australia yesterday. Last night saw the exit from the competition of Spain after losing to Chile. The Chile team were certainly up for it if the singing of their national anthem was anything to go by, it was sang with feeling and gusto with all the players singing their hearts out along with their supporters. It made a change as usually you see some players of other countries mumbling along to their own anthems, that is if they even know the words!!

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:34 am

Chile played well Spain really seemed to lose it maybe a bit of complacency I dont give England too much exoectations but I ll be cheering them on and live in hope

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 am

funkychick wrote:I ll be cheering them on and live in hope
'Live in hope' is the English supporters mantra I think Funkychick :)

I will be cheering them on too but the enjoyment of an England game is never the same as other games. Yesterday I did enjoy the Australia v Holland game and the Chile v Spain game but when England play I am always too nervous to relax and enjoy it properly... unless we are three nil up that is :lol:

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Netherlands are playing well
Real shock seeing Spain out

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:35 pm

If I may offer a personal opinion with no technical basis whatsoever - I believe we have too many multi-millionaires in the England team. There are some younger player this time but too many of the old guys who are not hungry enough.
It's grim up North...

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:20 pm

I totally agree Frankie

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:45 am

Oh dear oh dear kind of what we expected although always hopefully

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:39 am

funkychick wrote:Oh dear oh dear kind of what we expected
We were definitely second best out on the field, the Uruguay players were more purposeful in their running and their commitment to the game, they put in more effort and were rewarded for this...they even out sung us at the opening anthems :lol: England were certainly the poorer team and the best team on the night won.

There is still a slight chance of us progressing further depending on the results of other matches to be played but would that be a good thing, good for the sale of replica shirts and the profits of breweries maybe but unless our team radically improve we would just be prolonging our misery.