The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 3rd 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 11th April 2024 at 7:10pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

The junior Doctors dispute

UK issues and events worth discussing.
Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Male

The junior Doctors dispute

Post by Aussie K » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:00 pm

There comes a time in some disputes when the situation the country finds itself In are so serious that draconian measures may have to be taken in an attempt to force a resolution to it. That is where these junior doctors are trying to drive us in to.
They have had a good share of public support so far, though not mine, probably for there high skills and bed side manor when we visit them, but that will wayne from now on. They show a great contempt when they are on the picket line or there marches and are thourghally enjoying them selves which I find disgusting. They ought to appreciate there great prvliage to be in such a wonderful profession and highly paid.
Consideration must now be given to a lawful approach and charge there unions for the cost of patients treatment on the continent and break there strangle hold, even maybe at huge cost to our well being dismiss them and refuse to let them return until they sign the new contract.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: The junior Doctors dispute

Post by funkychick » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:33 am

I totally support the junior doctors their treatment is atrocious they have tried and tried for years their hours are ridiculous and have been for as long as I can remember. the hospitals already do a 7 day week ( have you ever found the doors closed on a sat and sun ) I have no understanding as to what this Hunt man is on maybe the same Alice in Wonderland medicine that was the £350 million the NHS would be getting back from leaving the EU
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:38 am

I may be wrong - does sometimes happen! - but didn't the doctors get almost everything they wanted in previous discussions? Both sides seemed to compromise, which was why the union agreed on the deal - it was the union members, the doctors, that refused.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Mel » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:55 am

amansin wrote:I may be wrong...
I don't think so Amansin, the BMA seem to have a called for strike action against a deal they negotiated and said was a good one!! Once more it is a Tory bashing strike by greedy doctors and to hell with the public (the ill public at that) but what do they care if we have to miss our operations or hospital appointments; as the junior doctors' executive member Yannis Gourtsoyannis bragged "It's the trade union dispute of this century"...that is something to brag about...I don't think!
My Flickr pictures look here