The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

General Election 2015

UK issues and events worth discussing.
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: General Election 2015

Post by Mel » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 am

Latest post of the previous page:

With a hundred days to go before polling takes place, TV, radio and the newspapers are full of political reporters keeping us informed of the latest news of those up for election. I am not fed up with it, as I am quite interested although sometimes I think there is to much reportage; but nothing that is said between now and when I cast my vote will change the way I vote and I expect it is the same for the majority of voters.
My Flickr pictures look here

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Politicians remind of double glazing salemen,if they don't sell they will be out of a job so they promise much and in essence deliver little especially backup if things do not go to plan.
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

George

Post by George » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Nice to see many took the time to have a look at the link I posted.
Only did it as many people will vote for party X because they always have done, and rarely have a look at the polices they are voting for.
The results may make a few people re-think their voting choice.

As an aside, wouldn't be good if the winning party had to stick to their manifesto, and not back out of it by saying that their commitments were just aspirations or targets.
Geoge you are truely rritating

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:08 pm

George wrote:As an aside, wouldn't be good if the winning party had to stick to their manifesto, and not back out of it by saying that their commitments were just aspirations or targets.
We would certainly be living in a Utopian society if that was to happen George :)
My Flickr pictures look here

hookie
Male/Female: male

Post by hookie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 am

Anyone who puts themselves forward to be elected and become a politician should excluded as a matter of principle as being completely unsuitable for the job..