The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Holiday at Lowestoft, July 1929 Film: 10 minutes

Discussion about all things historical here, with an emphasis on local history. Please feel free to post your memories of Lowestoft past here as a place to record local oral history.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Holiday at Lowestoft, July 1929 Film: 10 minutes

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Don't want to keep this topic off-topic for too long but I'm afraid the answer's NO!. Why? you may ask. Well don't women always say that are able to multi-task anyway? :? It would be like trying to teach one's grandmother to suck eggs. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Don't want to keep this topic off-topic for too long but I'm afraid the answer's NO!. Why? you may ask. Well don't women always say that are able to multi-task anyway? :? It would be like trying to teach one's grandmother to suck eggs. :D
She could do with being taught how to do that as well....
right I'm off out some where safe.
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:24 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Don't you believe it Trigger. I have to do it every day.
I do realise that, of course. And - there are some fellas who have it all themselves - or just leave it, as the case may be!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:04 am

In my OP - I referred to a Fishing Smack in the film. I've found a bit more info about the boat - assuming I got the number right! :D

The name of the Fishing Smack - LT 293 - was “Gleam”. It is listed in “Flood’s List of Fishing Vessels, 1912” as being a Trawler of 54 tons; built in 1903, and owned by W. H. Podd of Kirkley.
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking