The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

The saga of Mrs Bultitude's hound.

Discussion about all things historical here, with an emphasis on local history. Please feel free to post your memories of Lowestoft past here as a place to record local oral history.
Gorrig
Male/Female: Male

The saga of Mrs Bultitude's hound.

Post by Gorrig » Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 pm

I think I may have mentioned before that I grew up in Regent Road, number 33 to be precise. Clapham Road was still a normal road with houses down either side. Most of these houses had some form of back entrance where the 'bin men' used to collect and empty the dustbins.
Our access ran from Regent Road through to Alexander Road passing the back garden of a house whose front was in Clapham Road. Woe betide any unsuspecting soul who would venture down there, for in the garden was a huge Afghan Hound belonging to the lovely Mrs Bultitude. The end garden wall must have been at least five feet tall but at the slightest sound of anyone venturing by this huge hound, with a very low woof, would come bounding down the garden, feet up on the wall, and peer over to see who was passing by.
We used to treat it as something of a joke until one day the entire wall and dog landed on somebody. Fortunately, nobody was seriously hurt.

This topic has been moved to this board by admin as it seems a more appropriate place.