The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Dentist - Recommended Please

Comments and questions about local services and tradesmen here. Please don't post advertisements here. The site takes no responsibility for the quality, speed, or accuracy of the posts or service.
LorraineG
Male/Female: Female

Dentist - Recommended Please

Post by LorraineG » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:55 am

Hi Folks

I need to find a GOOD dentist in Lowestoft. An elderly friend had teeth made by a dentist 2 years ago. They have never fitted comfortably (despite several return visits) and one set badly discolours and is almost impossible to rectify. She is going to 'treat herself' to a new set but really needs to find a nice, highly competent dentist to ensure that this is not a further waste of her money. Can anyone recommend a tested highly trusted dentist please. (Name of dentist as well as the practice please.)
THANKS.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Dentist - Recommended Please

Post by Mel » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:20 am

Mr Yaxley
51 Kirkley Cliff Rd, Lowestoft NR33 0DF Phone: 01502 573258

The best dentist in Lowestoft LorraineG
My Flickr pictures look here

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:02 pm

I recommend the Williams Dental Surgery in the High Street, north Lowestoft. I know Peter Williams personally, although he is semi-retired. I actually use his colleague, Mr Patten; and have in fact just returned from an appointment there to have measurements taken for a bridge - my mouth is still numb and feeling strange!

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Mr Galatas at Dental design in regent road is the kindest most caring dentist I ve ever had
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Not to take anything away from your experiences at Dental Design, FC but the practice in general is certainly not very 'disabled-friendly-caring' following our recent experiences there.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 pm

An old friend of mine actually used to be one of the dentists at the Dental Design Studio. He left as he finally got tired of how the dentists were treated by the parent company. I myself am in the middle of transferring from them to Williams / Southern Dental.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 am

B B it was very unfortunate what happened in your case but it is user friendly as it has two surgeries on the ground floor I agree there was a big mixup when you werent offered one of them but that would be a fault at reception level , and I was recommending the dentist himself
Strange that you are recommending Williams SL Dave as you are only 'in the middle of transferring ' so can't have too much experience to go on
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:59 am

funkychick wrote:Strange that you are recommending Williams SL Dave as you are only 'in the middle of transferring ' so can't have too much experience to go on
In my case, I used to have a bridge to fill a gap in mouth. This lasted almost 7 years until it came loose and fell out. Dental Design Studio - under 2 different dentists - said they couldn't make a replacement bridge and instead gave me a false tooth on a rather large plate. After some time of trying to adjust, it was Peter himself who came upto me and suggested I try his colleague. His colleague was more than happy to go forward with making a bridge - although he would have preferred to do an implant at a cost of £1,495! This bridge should be fitted at the end of the month, at which time if all has gone well I will be formally closing the 'account' with Dental Design Studio.

To be fair it is probably about the individual dentist rather than the practice, and everyone has different likes/dislikes and personality traits.

Busy chick
Male/Female: Female

Post by Busy chick » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Definitely mr. yaxley opposite Kensington gardens, old school dentist very professional.