The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Cheap or free (charitable love job) PLEASE HELP!

Comments and questions about local services and tradesmen here. Please don't post advertisements here. The site takes no responsibility for the quality, speed, or accuracy of the posts or service.
Lee-on-sea
Male/Female: Male

Cheap or free (charitable love job) PLEASE HELP!

Post by Lee-on-sea » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:51 am

Hi all.

So, I'm throwing out a request for help here... Please be kind. :D

I work for East Anglia's Children's Hospices, I'm the deputy manager at the shop on London road south and we're in need of an act of kindness. Our volunteer day is on the 14th of this month at Bury st Edmunds, it's a day where we honour our volunteers by saying thank you with certificate presentations, a lovely lunch and updates on the charity. This year however, the kirkley crew have come unstuck. We've been let down by our transport provider and now we have only a few days to arrange an alternative means of transport to and from. We've been given a very small budget for this, which has priced us out of hiring a minibus or getting a coach company to transport us (13 volunteers in total). *We need help!!*

Are there any kind souls out there who can help us out of our predicament so we can get our fantastic volunteers to and from their volunteer day?

Any offer of help will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Lee.
Before twitter, we used to have to take turns to call a politician an idiot. Good times...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Cheap or free (charitable love job) PLEASE HELP!

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Did you get my email sent just after 1-pm?
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Lee-on-sea

Post by Lee-on-sea » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:00 pm

boatbuilder wrote:Did you get my email sent just after 1-pm?

Hi boatbuilder.

I certainly did, I've just replied.

Thanks.

:thumbsup:
Before twitter, we used to have to take turns to call a politician an idiot. Good times...

Lee-on-sea

Post by Lee-on-sea » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:05 pm

IMG-20180414-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20180414-WA0004.jpg
So the lovely volunteers at EACH Lowestoft got to go on their volunteer day today, they had a wonderful time, and each and every one of our volunteers that went want me to pass their genuine thanks to you boatbuilder, without your help we would not have been able to go.
It was an occasion marked with pride for our volunteer Christian who received his five year award.
IMG-20180414-WA0003.jpg
Thank you again boatbuilder. We thoroughly appreciate your generosity.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:18 pm

I'm glad you all managed to go and that everyone enjoyed themselves, Lee. Congratulations to Christian on his award.

Thanks for posting the pictures of your volunteers who I am sure do a wonderful job in the Lowestoft shop. I was only too pleased to help.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget