The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 3rd 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 11th April 2024 at 7:10pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Garage roof repairs

Comments and questions about local services and tradesmen here. Please don't post advertisements here. The site takes no responsibility for the quality, speed, or accuracy of the posts or service.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Garage roof repairs

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:05 pm

I need to have my garage flat roof re-felted or otherwise but I do have a problem which hopefully will only turn out to be minor.

This is it, and how it came about:

About 5 years ago my neighbour, who no longer lives in the house next door, had his garage roof re-covered in fibreglass. Our garages are semi-detatched and his roofers overlapped the fibreglass onto my felt. My neighbour never informed me at the time that he was planning to have his side of the roof re-covered and the first thing I knew about it was when I got home from work and saw the work had been carried out. As the two roofs are joined I thought it would have been polite to consult me and inform me what he was having done and maybe give me the opportunity to consider having mine done by the contractors at the same time, which in turn might have saved him some money into the bargain as well. I therefore don't know what sort of problem this may present if I want to have my roofing replaced with roofing felt and not fibreglass.

I have found a couple of names to contact locally but would be interested in having some recommendations from anyone who has either had theirs done, or knows someone reputable. If you do then I would appreciate their details.

Many thanks.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Garage roof repairs

Post by frankiesays » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:54 pm

The roof has done well BB, what is it, about 35 years old?
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 pm

30 years, Frankie. Built 1984.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

East Point
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Post by East Point » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:42 am

BB, I would highly recommend Anchor Roofing - they are local, phone number is 564701. They did 3 garage roofs in our cul-de-sac and we were all very happy with his work and price. I am sure they would be willing to advise you and give you an estimate.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks EP, I will put them on my list.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:07 am

I moved onto that estate about 77/78, I expect many of the roofs will need attention by now. I think they only usually last 20 years or so.
It's grim up North...