The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Where to eat in Suffolk

Discuss and rate your favorite eating and drinking establishments here.
A.J.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Where to eat in Suffolk

Post by A.J. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:29 am

Has anybody been to the Iconic recently ? We have been going there since it opened and it has always been very good albeit you are given far too much. We went there last Saturday and we thought it had gone down hill. Just seemed all a bit tasteless and not as well cooked. Maybe they have had a change of Chef. The Chef being the most important ingredient of any Restaurant, plus of course the quality of the ingredients. :(

A.J.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where to eat in Suffolk

Post by A.J. » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:02 pm

We had Sunday lunch at the Hog to-day. Went there some time ago when it was Fishers and didn't feel we wanted to rush back there. The new owners have spent £1.8 million on refurbing the place and have done a nice job of it too. To-days lunch was excellent, very tasty, and for once the vegetables were not over cooked. The staff were very nice attentive. The only odd thing was that there was only one other table occupied which did affect the ambiance of the place. It's not long been re-opened so maybe it will pick up in time. It certainly deserves to do better than that.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:45 am

Forgot all about the 'Hog' AJ. Remember reading about it in the Journal when it opened. Will have to pay a visit in the near future if possible but at the moment I have rather a lot on my plate ;) ;) :)
My Flickr pictures look here

Abu Nuwas

Post by Abu Nuwas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:25 pm

I had an absolutely cracking meal at the Duke's Head a few days ago (main was celeriac with mushroom truffle cream sauce), and my very foodie friend, and cook, nearly passed out from ecstasy. I expect this is old news, but the old chef left, it went down, but he is now back and running the place, I think.

Has anyone visited the Blue Boar at Oulton lately? Supposed to be a gastropub.
Consistency is the hob-goblin of the small mind