The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

The Hatfield

Discuss and rate your favorite eating and drinking establishments here.
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: The Hatfield

Post by Mel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:38 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I went to the 'Cliff' a couple of Sundays ago Aussie K and I agree entirely with your post, food, service and surroundings excellent.
My Flickr pictures look here

Gary
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Gary » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Back in the 90's I used to dine at the Hatfield on a regular basis. The meals and service were quite decent and represented excellent value for money.
But as so often has happened with the Hatfield, it changed hands and both the service and meals took a marked nosedive. I have not been back to the Hatfield since that time.
The black dog of Bungay.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:28 pm

I ate there today and the carvery was quite good, 3 lots of meat beef, gammon, turkey and plenty of potatoes mash/roast big variety of veg, white cabbage, red cabbage broccoli, leeks, carrots, peas, green beans, yorkies ,stuffing etc only criticism is it wasn't hot enough for me it was warm but I like piping hot food,...... but I would go again at £4.95 reasonable value
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:55 pm

You can barely get a decent cod and chips for that nowadays.
It's grim up North...

slimboydim

Post by slimboydim » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Good Evening, still haven't managed to get there yet...

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:41 pm

funkychick wrote:I ate there today and the carvery was quite good, 3 lots of meat beef, gammon, turkey and plenty of potatoes mash/roast big variety of veg, white cabbage, red cabbage broccoli, leeks, carrots, peas, green beans, yorkies ,stuffing etc only criticism is it wasn't hot enough for me it was warm but I like piping hot food,...... but I would go again at £4.95 reasonable value
FC,our local does exactly the same menu as you have quoted and until recently has also been £4.95p,however they have increased it to £5.25p which I think is still super value.On Sundays the local increases the price to £7.25p I am wondering if the Hatfield does the same?
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Carvery on the Coast

Hatfield Hotel Carvery - 2 Courses £6.50, 1 course £4.95. Sunday carvery £5,50 for two course only. Available 7 days a week 12am – 7pm, simply walk in, no booking required.

From their website SB looks less on a Sunday
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Post by Suffolkboy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks FC,looks good and two courses as well,mind you I have cut out seconds since Christmas in an effort to reduce my weight,however I could make an exception and allow myself to indulge seconds for a treat but mustn't make a habit and slip back. My trousers are beginning to feel like double breasted ones now and with a little luck could be into my old flares shortly ;) :D
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

AyB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by AyB » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Went here last week. Excellent venue. There are not many places where the restaurant has direct views over the sea.
Food was good and the price even better. We have been several times before and the standard is always good.
What an improvement the terrace is. A lovely place to sit and relax providing the weather is kind.