The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Logging in problem?

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Logging in problem?

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:54 pm

I am posting this in case the following should happen to anybody else.

Late last night I received an email from a member who was having trouble logging in and they had also tried to reset their password in the appropriate way. For some reason the system didn't recognise the username and email address of the member, despite the account being active.

I investigated the issue and tried to force a password change on the account myself but only got the same end-result - the system wouldn't recognise the username or email address. Just to test if it was a 'one-off' I also tried the same actions on a dummy account which I had set up some time ago for the reason of checking out any such problems or issues and that worked OK, so it looked like it was a 'one-off'.

For the member with the problem, I then had to rely on the last resort option of changing their password manually through the administration control panel and testing if it would allow me to log into and then out of the account myself, which it did, before notifying the member of the new password to use, and at the same time advising them to change it again through their user control panel once they had logged in.

The issue now seems to have been resolved and hopefully it was just the one-off, as there were no errors being reported in relation to this in the site's error log so the reason remains a mystery. However, should anybody else experience a similar problem in the future then they should email me at the admin@mylowestoft.com address using the email address they used to register the account and giving their username. Your account privacy will be fully respected if I have to take the same action.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget