The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

The site logo

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

The site logo

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:10 pm

As I find my way around the site's workings I have discovered the whereabouts of the site's logo so decided to have a go at inserting a picture in its place which, after a few failed attempts at getting the image where I wanted it in the server's filing system and with the right file extension, as you can see I succeeded.

However, that is only my trial and I would like to give our members the opportunity to have one of their own images displayed there for a period of time - probably a month. I therefore intend to choose a suitable picture that has already been posted by one of the members and manipulate it to include the site name and a copyright credit with the member's name such as Image © "boatbuilder" shown at the foot of the image.

When I select an image I will do the appropriate work on it and then PM the member in question to seek their permission to use it, attaching a copy of what I intend to upload to the server to use.

I have already made my first selection and am currently awaiting that member's permission before changing the image currently displayed.

If you have an image you think could be used then get posting. :D For the time being at least, I intend to keep the images used for this purpose as ones of Lowestoft. However, there may be suitable old images which you have so that shouldn't rule out anybody's images from appearing even if they don't currently live in Lowestoft and are unable to take pictures here. However, you must hold the copyright for the image selected.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: The site logo

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Thanks to funkychick for allowing the use of her picture of the South Beach in the logo. It will remain there until the next one in a month's time.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

MEG
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by MEG » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks fc & John -that pic brightens up the whole site!

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks Meg, I thought the idea would brighten things up a bit now the site is in regular use. Watch out for the new picture each month from about the 16th.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:45 pm

It's time for a new 'logo' picture and it's thanks to Mel for the use of his image of the East Point Pavilion which will grace the pages until this time next month.

Thanks also to funkychick for last month's picture.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 am

This month's 'logo' picture is of the South Pier and thanks to Trigger for allowing the use of his picture for the next month.

Thanks also to Mel for last month's picture.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:19 pm

This month's 'logo' picture is of the Claremont Pier and the picture is taken from my own archive. I thought the picture lended itself to a panoramic view across the full page width so have incorporated the site's heading text into it.

This format may not be ideal for all displays and I would appreciate any comments if it affects the way the site is displayed on your computer/tablet, etc.

If anyone has any suitable images of Lowestoft that are either panoramas or would lend themselves to cropping into a suitable panorama shot that they would like to see incorporated into this logo as part a 'slide show' then please let me know. I would need a full size copy emailed to me at admin@mylowestoft.com from which I would crop/size to suit the required format. You will be sent a copy of the adjusted image for your approval before it is displayed.

Thanks to Trigger for the use of his picture last month.