The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Coming Soon! - 'PICTURE OF THE MONTH'

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Coming Soon! - 'PICTURE OF THE MONTH'

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:05 pm

As mentioned earlier today in the April 2015 monthly photo competition topic, it has been decided to discontinue the competition and replace it with something different. The idea was arrived at by consulting with a couple of members who put ideas forward and these have been juggled around to come up with the following:

Starting in May, a poll for ‘PICTURE OF THE MONTH’ will be introduced and it is planned to do this as follows:

At the beginning of each month a member will be invited to choose a number of pictures from all those that were posted on the forum in the PREVIOUS month and nominate them to go into a Poll in which everyone will be invited to choose their ‘PICTURE OF THE MONTH’. The member nominating the pictures will be given adequate notice to choose them and forward the details to me in an email. They will be informed of the actual details I will require at the time but it will be pretty straightforward.

There will be a few restrictions in choosing the pictures and these are as follows:

• 1. No more than TWO pictures will be allowed to be nominated from any one member’s pictures each month.

2. There may be some members who do not want their pictures included and I will notify each person as they are chosen to nominate, whose pictures not to include, if any. (See note 1 below)

3. The person chosen to nominate cannot include any of their own pictures in their list.

edit - February 2017: The person chosen to nominate can now include ONE of their own images if they have posted any during the month.

I will then prepare the ‘PICTURE OF THE MONTH’ polling page and set a closing date and time when the voting will end.

I hope to be able to incorporate the picture that is chosen as ‘PICTURE OF THE MONTH’ as one of a number of images that will be showing as a ‘Slide Show’ which will be a modification to the site logo on each page from later this month.

Notes:
  • 1. It is appreciated that some members may not wish for their pictures to be included in this poll and unless a member opts out, they agree to allow any of their pictures to be nominated for ‘PICTURE OF THE MONTH’ by another member and a possible subsequent appearance in the site logo as described above. To opt out they should send an email to admin@mylowestoft.com with the subject line ‘Opt Out’ advising of their choice to be excluded as a participant. They can opt back in at a later date, should they so wish, by sending another email reversing their decision.

2. Similarly, if a member does not want to be chosen to NOMINATE the pictures they should send an email to the same address – admin@mylowestoft.com with the subject line ‘Opt Out’ advising of their choice to be excluded as a nominator.

3. An email will be sent to ALL members in due course advising of, and with a link to this topic to ensure everyone is made aware of this.

4. All emails sent with reference to notes 1 and 2 will be acknowledged within 48 hours.

I hope this will be found to be more interesting than the competition as it will give members a chance to participate in more ways than one.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Coming Soon! - 'PICTURE OF THE MONTH'

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:29 pm

With effect from this month's poll, which I will be posting later this evening, I have decided to change the month name in the poll. All this means is that instead of using the December pictures and calling it 'December Picture of the Month' I will be using the current month's name (January) but utilising the pictures which have been nominated from the December postings. Consequently next month will be 'February Picture of the Month' using the nominated pictures from January's postings, and so on in subsequent months.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget