The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Why not use a different font style (typeface) in your posts?

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Why not use a different font style (typeface) in your posts?

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 12, 2015 12:30 am

I have now added to the forum the Bulletin Board Code (BBC) that enables different fonts (typefaces) to be used in your posts. Below are a couple of examples of these and underneath them I have tried to explain, for anyone who is not familiar with using the various BBCodes, how these were obtained along with the other additional features mentioned in the following two lines of text below.

This is font style 'Comic Sans MS' in 'italics', 'underlined' and in 'Large' font size

This is font style 'Times New Roman' in 'Bold' and in 'Large' font size

The image below, which can be enlarged to full size by clicking on it, shows the different codes that were used and which I have colour-coded using arrows. As you probably know they are all obtained by clicking on the appropriate code button above the text box. The only code to which you have to add additional information is the new 'font' code, which appears as the first line shown in the image below when you click on the 'font=' button. You then have to type in the recognised name of the font you wish to use immediately after the '=' sign as shown in the image below. All the text that you wish to appear in that font must be placed between the two bracketed halves of the code.

There are dozens of different fonts that can be used and you can find many of these listed in your computer's installed fonts list. They are also listed in many programs where you can choose your fonts such as Microsoft Word.

If using numerous codes for such things as italics and underlining, etc., then you must ensure that these are nested correctly so that your post appears as you intend it to.

I hope some of you are able to make use of this new feature. However, some fonts may not display on some devices such as tablets and may show as the forum default.

This is one of my favourite fonts - it is called Lucida Handwriting
Attachments
Fonts_2.jpg
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget