The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Undelivered emails from this forum

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Undelivered emails from this forum

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:30 am

Did anybody send an email to another site member through the site's email facility at about 6-26 am (BST), or maybe a little earlier, this morning?

If so, this was advised back to the site admin email address, through which it was sent, as being undeliverable.

Please note that the contents of the email are not included in these notifications, just the email address of the attempted recipient.

If your were the sender and would like a copy of the notification then please advise me by PM stating, for security reasons, who the intended recipient was and I will send you a copy.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Undelivered emails from this forum

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:17 pm

This has now been resolved. A member sent a PM to another member whose email address registered on this site is no longer in existence. The site automatically sent out a notification email advising them that they had been sent a PM which resulted in the aforementioned notification of it being undeliverable.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Undelivered emails from this forum

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:33 pm

For the past few weeks, one of our member's emails sent out automatically by the forum when either a PM has been sent to them, or a post has been made in a topic to which they have subscribed, have been returned to the forum's email address with the following message:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
Whilst only this one member has experienced the problem as no other emails have been returned, I carried out a test on a 'dummy' member to which I assigned one of my BT email addresses, as myself I use an '@mylowestoft.com' email address and this naturally presents no problems.

Having assigned the BT email address to the dummy account I sent the account a PM to see what would happen. The automated notification email generated for it was also returned with a similar message to the above, which also included the following:
host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk [65.20.0.49]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
554 Message rejected on 2018/10/29 17:17:43 GMT, policy (3.2.1.1) \342\200\223 Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read http://www.bt.com/bulksender
I then checked the spam settings within my BT account and these were all in order. It would therefore seem, from viewing the link in the returned message - http://www.bt.com/bulksender - that BT, and probably other ISP providers, are themselves trying to determine what is, and is not SPAM - and are not making a very good job of it!

It would seem that the only way to overcome this issue is to ensure that either the full email address - admin@mylowestoft.com - or at least the latter part of it - @mylowestoft.com - is added to the 'Safe Senders' or 'White' list in the provider's webmail within your email account. Even if you use an email program such as Outlook to receive your emails, you will have to log in to your account on the provider's website to carry out this action and this can be found under either 'Settings' or 'Security'. I have done this with my BT account and the issue has now been resolved.

It is worth noting that any emails I sent from the @mylowestoft.com accounts using Outlook (i.e. not generated on the forum itself) were delivered without any problem even before adding the email address to the 'safe senders' list, so the actual cause of the problem is somewhat a mystery, which I can only assume lies somewhere in the hidden data that accompanies the emails through the delivery system.