The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Site Downtime

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Site Downtime

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Did anybody have problems accessing the forum tonight - Friday 4th September?

I was not online for about three hours up to about 10-15 pm this evening and when I tried to access the site I was receiving a message that the website was not available. Having been unsuccessful for about 5 minutes I then contacted the hosting company and they found a similar problem and passed it through for their technical people to look at. A few minutes after the online conversation had finished at 10-53 pm I found I was able to access the site. I then proceeded to look at the 'who is online' page and noted that during the time I was unable to access it, there were a number of 'guests' plus Meg (at 10-25 pm) and Trigger (at 10-30 pm) showing as online at those times.

I would be interested to know if either of them, or anyone else for that matter, experienced any problems during the evening?

I have now mentioned this fact in my query ticket on the problem with the hosting company so I wait to see if they can give me a reason for this.

edit @ 11:41 pm.
Update: I have received this response from the Technical team at the hosting company:
I am sorry for the inconvenience you have faced with website issue. We had a short-lived issue on our servers due to which the website was not loading. Our Network Operations Team has fixed the issue. Now, the website http://www.mylowestoft.com/ is loading fine without any issues. Please check the website functionality from your end by clearing the browser cache and cookies.

See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Site Downtime - Friday 4th September

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:11 am

Trigger advised me in a PM this morning that he had the same problem at the time stated above so it seems as though the server was receiving the request for a page and logging it but failing to respond to the request which seems to tie in with the hosting company's statement above.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

MEG
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by MEG » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:56 pm

I just posted that I did not experience any trouble on that date.When I tried to submit it all I got was "Page cannot be displayed!!!Seems to be O.K now!

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:05 pm

If you had problems accessing the site between about 7-30 pm and 9-50 pm this evening, there was another server problem.

I sent emails at 8-33 pm to those (about six members) whose addresses I had to hand and this was the content of that message:

For the second time in 48 hours there is a server problem. The site has been down since shortly after 7-30 pm BST this evening.

I assure you this is NOT a problem with the site’s software but is a server problem and I have been online talking to the hosting company. It did briefly come back for about a minute at about 7-53 pm but went down again almost as quick;y as it came back.

I was told that it would be about 30-40 minutes at about 8-00 pm but it has still not been resolved. Their website has now put out the following message – they are 5 hours behind BST.:

Control Panel Unavailable
09/06/2015 3:00PM EST

Systems Impacted: We have become aware of an issue with our main site and control panel loading intermittently at this time. During this time you may be unable to log into your control panel or view your website. Our Network Operations Team is currently engaged. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

- 09/06/15 at 15:30 ET

I have expressed my dissatisfaction about this, particularly as it is the second time in under 48 hours there has been a problem.

Unfortunately there is very little I can do except wait. When the issue has been resolved, I will contact them further regarding this issue.

I have sent this message to those whose email addresses I have on my system and who are likely to be trying to access the site this evening.

Let’s hope it is back up and running soon.

Regards

John

This was followed with a follow-up email at 9-42 pm

Here is an update message:

Control Panel Unavailable - Update
09/06/2015 4:15PM EST

Systems Impacted: Our Network Operations Team is still engaged and actively working to resolve the issue. Current services affected include Control Panel, WebMail, and Website access. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

- 09/06/15 at 16:29 ET

Regards

John

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Well I m on now we lol have to see how long it's on for this time
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:24 pm

The latest update about 10 minutes ago:

Service Outage
09/06/2015 5:15PM EDT

Systems Impacted: Our team has restored service for some customer by isolating the network issue. We are aware that some customers are still experiencing issues and we are focused on restoring service for all affected customers.

Looks like we are one of the luckier ones, fingers crossed!

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:09 pm

The site has been up and down for the past half hour, so problem still not fully resolved. Hopefully by Monday it will all be sorted.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:40 am

All issues were reported to be resolved by 5-00 am.

Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Resolved
09/07/2015 12:00PM EST

Resolved: Our Network Operations Team has resolved the issues with Control Panel, Webmail and website loading issues. Sites are back online and services are now functioning correctly.

- 09/06/15 at 23:59 ET

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Site Downtime - Friday 25th September

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Some of you may have experienced a problem accessing the site for about an hour last night (25th) between approximately 5-20 and 6-20 pm (BST) when the following message was being displayed:
General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [2054] An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists
I only became aware of this at about 6-10 pm and was able to get an immediate response online from the hosting company who were able to rectify the matter within a few minutes.

Today I received a full explanation and apology for this from them. They informed me that they had updated PHP versions in the servers. It appears that the PHP version was set to 5.5 by default after the upgrade. The error message occurred because mysqli (the database) was not working as it is not compatible with PHP 5.5. Mysqli is compatible with PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.3, one of which is what they reset it to when I contacted them and which resolved the issue.

Fortunately I picked up on this about 20 minutes before I went out for the evening and managed to get it resolved before I left.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Site Downtime

Post by boatbuilder » Sat May 21, 2016 6:59 pm

I apologise to anyone who was trying to access the forum between about 4-pm and 6-15-pm this evening.

I have to confess the error that was initially generated was of my own making. In trying to compile all the information I need to do the software update I needed the password to access the forum's database and as I couldn't be certain what it was, I decided to change it. This then knocked out access to the forum's database, hence the error that was generated before I managed to put up a basic HTML page explaining that I was trying to resolve the issue. I then set about trying to find the original password by trolling through all the ,php files on the server of which there are hundreds. After looking through about 50 of them to no avail I then decided to ring Alice to see if she could remember what it was. Thankfully she was at home and after trying all sorts of options over about half-an-hour on the 'phone, we managed to locate it in one of the files - and it was nothing like what we thought it was. It was only when we found it that Alice recalled using that one when she set it up in 2010.

You can imagine the relief when I changed it back and everything sprang back into life. :D

Thanks to Alice for her help.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:58 pm

There were some intermittent server problems between about 11-30 am and 1-30 pm (BST) today and some of you may have experienced either 502 or 504 Gateway errors. The issue is now hopefully resolved for this website although I understand it is still ongoing for some.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:02 am

Some of you may have experienced problems accessing the site before 8-50 (BST) this morning. This was a server problem which has now been resolved.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 am

To be honest BB I had trouble getting in a few sites this am but I thought it was my wifi wavering but all are normal now
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:57 am

boatbuilder wrote:Some of you may have experienced problems accessing the site before 8-50 (BST) this morning.
I was warned 'Do Not Enter'.... :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Glad we are back to normal Boatbuilder (whatever normal is) now 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:54 pm

There has been a spell this morning from around 10-am until now - the time of this message 1-53pm when you may have experienced problems accessing the forum.

This was due to issues at the server and beyond my control. It was quite widespread according to the hosting company's website, who apologised. The issue may continue beyond this time as it stil seems unstable.

edit:16:13.. The issue continued on and off until about 2-30pm but seemed to be resolved after that.

This was the message put out on the hosting company's online chat page when I thought of trying to contact them.
downtime.jpg