The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

IMPORTANT! Forum Software Update.

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: IMPORTANT! Forum Software Update.

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:26 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

On October 12th phpBB issued a further minor but important update to the version of the software which runs this forum. I therefore intend to carry out this update very soon and will advise in this topic when this will be carried out. Whilst the update is in progress, the forum will be off-line for a period of time. I will try and keep the downtime to a minimum.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 pm

It is three years since the forum software was last updated.

I intend to update it to the latest version sometime during the next couple of weeks.

When this happens the board will go offline for a short period. However, I will advise in advance when this will be, so look out for an announcement in this topic.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:02 pm

After encountering a number of problems along the way, I finally managed to update the board to the latest forum software this afternoon. :D

However, you will notice that at the moment there is only one 'Style' available and that is the default one of 'Prosilver'. It was necessary to remove the other options in order to move onto the new software. During the course of the next few days I will attempt to download and restore the two other styles, if they are compatible with the latest software. Failing that I will locate some other suitable style(s) and get those onto the server.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Following on from the previous post, I have now installed two further styles to choose from:

1. 'we_universal' - which I have now set as the forum's default style which everyone who visits the board will see and use unless they (members only) decide to change it to one of the following:

2. 'prosilver Special Edition' - similar to the original 'prosilver' below, but in a grey/silver colour.

The style 'prosilver' - the original default style in blue is still available as an option.

The setting to change the style can be found under the 'Board Preferences' in your User Control Panel.

The other option that was available before the board update 'we_clearblue' is no longer compatible with this latest update.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:57 pm

It hardly seems five minutes, but in fact it is only five weeks since the forum software was updated to the latest version.

Well it WAS the latest version until on the 20th September came another update and I installed this a short time ago.

Apologies to anyone who was trying to use the board between about 4-15 and 4-45 pm this afternoon as it was off-line whilst the update took place, so we're now up-to-date again - until the next one, that is. :D