The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

New Board Themes

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

New Board Themes

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:59 pm

I have installed a new theme called "we_clearblue". (see image)

This is a bright clean-looking theme and is apparently 'Mobile friendly'. You can use it by making the change in your Board Preferences in your User Control Panel.

If you have any questions relating to where links are on any new (or even the original modified) themes then feel free to ask.

I'm afraid I don't know what the text at the bottom centre of the page means (viewable when you use it). Google Translate tells me it is Latin but doesn't offer an understandable English Translation. :lol:
Attachments
we_clearblue.JPG
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: New Board Themes

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:41 pm

I have now installed two more themes.

The first one is entitled "we_universal" and the second one is "elegance". However there are SEVEN different theme colours for the "elegance" one - the one below is the 'basic' one and the others are all listed in the drop-down in your User Control Panel.

As you may have noticed some of the themes no longer carry the forum name. At this time I'm not sure if I am able to make changes to them so as to include it but I will be looking into this in due course.
we_universal
we_universal
elegance
elegance

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:04 pm

I received a PM from Nikkai earlier advising that he could not see the attachments in the above posts. This puzzled me so I checked using Nikkai's and some other non-admin members 'permissions' (a facility we have for checking out such issues) and it became apparent that the 'Site Information' board's permissions were incorrect and must have been like that since it was set up in 2010. I believe my previous posts are the first attachments to appear in that particular board since then, hence the problem not being apparent until now. The issue has now been resolved.

However, I was surprised it took until tonight for somebody to draw my attention to it as this topic had been viewed over 40 times before it was pointed out.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:20 am

This happens all the time on Facebook, permissions denied etc. I guess that after a while you become 'battle weary' and just ignore it.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:58 am

I don't use FB so wouldn't know. If anything like that happens on here that appears to go against the norm then if reported it will be investigated as soon as I am aware. I imagine it's a different matter on FB. The message that appeared is what you would see if not logged in.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:13 pm

I have added two more themes today 'Latte' (see first image) & 'Latte-Red', although the only real difference, I believe, is some of the text appears in different colours indication forums which have new posts in them. I haven't check them out thoroughly but I believe the 'Latte' one text changes to green and the other one to red.

These two themes are similar to the 'elegance' themes and some of the features are (i) the bar with the icons on is always on the top of the screen when scrolling down the page and the main forum boards can be collapsed and re-opened to hide/show the individual boards by clicking on the -/+ icons at the top right . (see second image).

One of the new features to this version of the software on all themes is the ability to link the forum logo to a specific page and a link to the same page is also present at the top of the board. At the moment I have set it to the latest 'Picture of the Month' topic.
Latte
Latte
Collapsible boards
Collapsible boards

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:41 pm

That's a bit strange. On most websites I visit, the site logo links back to the main homepage. I personally believe this makes much more sense.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Yes, that was the case in the previous software but in this version there are two options - the Home Page or any specific page of choice. There is a Home Page link on every page anyway (Board Index) so I thought I would use the second option for something different.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:16 pm

I have modified one of the alternative board themes, 'we_universal', to include a single local image in the header (first image below) which I think is more pleasing than the default one which was originally there (second image). I have also decided to make that theme the default theme which will appear when you are not logged in, rather than the 'Prosilver' theme.
modified theme
modified theme
original image
original image