The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 3rd 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 11th April 2024 at 7:10pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Board Themes

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Board Themes

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:04 pm

During January 2017 a new version of the software which runs this forum is being released and I propose to install this once I have determined it is unlikely to present any problems.
However, one of the board themes that is currently in use - subsilver2 - will not be compatible with the new version.
In view of this I propose to de-activate the subsilver2 theme with effect from 2nd January and when this happens, anyone who is currently using the subsilver2 theme should automatically be moved onto the board's default theme - we_universal.
Of course you can change your theme at anytime to any of the others that are available in your user control panel and if you are currently using subsilver2 you may wish to do this in advance of the change.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Board Themes

Post by nikkai » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks for the HEADS UP BB I have had a little play about and I know that I have to get used to the "NEW" layout for this forum, I am going to make a few mistakes (yes more than normal for me) lol but I am vey happy that you are taking your personal time in running and supplying this board for us out here to use.
A Very big thank you to you (and then boss) and to wish you continue for many years to come.
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks for your comments, nikkai. It's very much appreciated.
If you encounter any problems, you only have to ask.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:08 pm

I think the only problem is ME and my use of the English language to which I have had problems with all my life
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 pm

I have been making modifications to some of the files that determine the appearance of one of the Board Themes that is available in the members' settings - "we_clearblue" - which is a 'sister-theme' to the current default theme "we_universal" and now incorporates the same image into the page header and some changes to the somewhat different page footer.

As a result of these changes, and with effect from midnight tonight, the default Board Theme will therefore be changing to the "we_clearblue" theme and this is the one which all guests, and members who are not logged in, will see whenever they access the forum.

This should not affect your existing chosen theme so you will not see any difference unless you are not logged in. If you wish to change to this theme then this can be done in your User 'Control Panel' under 'Board Preferences'.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 am

With the exception of the "prosilver" board theme, all the nine board themes in the "Elegance" and "Latte" ranges now incorporate the image referred to in the previous post, on all the page headers.