The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Good News for MyLowestoft.com

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Good News for MyLowestoft.com

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:36 pm

I have briefly mentioned this elsewhere on the forum today but have decided to post this in case others don't read that post which is in the Trivia section..

I am pleased to confirm that I have negotiated a new 3-year deal with the forum's hosting company in the United States which means the site's future is secured for the next three years until August 2020, with the end result being that I have almost halved the forum's annual hosting costs, compared to the current (from today read 'previous') year's, until then.

As some of you may know, I had been contemplating moving the forum's hosting to the UK. This was mainly because of the poor Sterling exchange rate we are now getting against the US$ which has dropped considerably since I took the forum over at the beginning of 2015, and even more so in the past year since the Brexit referendum. In January 2015 the rate was approximately $1.70 and in the past year it has been as low as $1.20. Today it is about $1.30 - which is the rate at which I have secured the deal. This, coupled with the hosting company's own increases in the last 12 months had seen the costs rise far in excess of my expectations when I agreed to take the forum on board.

However, the new annual cost as from today until 2020 works out less that it would have been in 2015 had the pound remained at $1.70 until I renewed the hosting in August that year, so I am quite pleased with this latest deal. I don't think Theresa May could have struck a better trade deal with Donald Trump. :lol:

I would like to thank everyone for their support in the past and I hope you will all continue your support for the forum in the coming years.

John
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Good News for MyLowestoft.com

Post by Mel » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:10 am

Nothing better than getting a good deal Boatbuilder :) I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all you do in organising MyLowestoft, it is very much appreciated 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:17 am

Well done BB good news indeed
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks for that BB.

If you would like a donation just ask and I would be willing to help fund MyLowestoft.
I before E except after C - That's weird

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Thank you Mel, FC and Morty for your kind responses. It's much appreciated.

Your offer of a donation is a very much appreciated gesture Morty. However, as it has all now been taken care of, and thankfully within my proposed budget, I think I am able to decline your kind offer on this occasion, although who knows how things will look in three years time and I might be forced to come with cap-in-hand then. :please:

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Well done bb you are doing a grand job and very much appreciated. Hopefully I will still be around in three years time if a sub is required. Keep it up.

I posted this twice yesterday bb was it off the air at about 4.30 PM.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks, Aussie. No, everything has been OK - no 'downtime' as I am aware. Sometimes a router can decide to reboot when you are posting and you think it went through and didn't. That happened to me once in the past week.