The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

My Lowestoft is Changing Names!

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

My Lowestoft is Changing Names!

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:15 pm

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

In January 2020 the ‘My Lowestoft’ forum will be 10 years old and I have decided that it’s now time for a new name.

So from January, the forum will be changing its name to ‘Lowestoft People’.

It will continue to operate exactly as it is now, using the same database, except for the new name. This will of course mean that the forum domain (URL) will also change and will become LowestoftPeople.com

One other slight difference will be the introduction of a new permanent Home Page which will include a brief résumé of the forum’s history and what it’s about. A link to the forum's index page will also be on there.

Of course, you will be able to bypass the home page if you so wish by bookmarking the forum’s index page and using that to go directly to the forum.

In the run-up to January, both domain names will run in tandem, meaning you will be able to access the forum using either the existing 'MyLowestoft.com' or the new 'LowestoftPeople.com' URL. However, during this period, both will display the 'My Lowestoft' name.

Once again, access will be through a new, but in this case temporary, Home Page outlining the forthcoming change and will also include links to the forums for both the URLs.

The exact change-over date in January, when the new name will appear on the forum, will be announced in advance in this topic, as well as on the 'temporary' home page mentioned above, an image of which is below. This temporary home page* will go online within the next day or so, when the link to 'Lowestoftpeople.com' will also be activated*, after some final checks are made.

Your existing username and password will be valid on both domains.

If anyone has any questions concerning this change then please feel free to ask.

* The temporary 'Home Page' is now online and the new 'Lowestoft People' domain is active. (from 00:15 on 9th September)

If you cannot read the text in the image below it can be enlarged by clicking.Image
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: My Lowestoft is Changing Names!

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:58 am

Please note that I have decided to postpone indefinitely, the change of name as detailed in the previous post.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget