The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Forum & Topic Icons - Meanings

Site rules, FAQ's, and new member information are all here in this section.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Forum & Topic Icons - Meanings

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:58 pm

No doubt some of you, like myself, have wondered exactly what the various icons that appear alongside the Forums and Topics listed in the board actually mean.

I have now been able to determine this and have posted a number of them below. Although this is not necessarily all of them that may appear in your topics list, it is possible to work out what any others that you may come across mean, using the following criteria:

1: BLUE-RINGED Icons appear alongside any topics you have read since the last post made.
2: RED Icons appear alongside any topics you haven't read since the last post made.
3: A RED STAR on an icon of either colour means you have posted in that topic at some time or other.
4. A GREY PADLOCK on a Topic Icon or inside a Forum Icon means the Topic or ENTIRE FORUM is locked and you can't post in it.

In the main, these seems to apply to most posts and topics, but I think some posts prior to about February/March 2016 might not follow the 'rule' as far as the RED STAR marks are concerned, but at least I hope it helps to explain the majority of them.
It is also worth noting that there may even be combinations such as both a grey padlock AND a red star will appear on a topic that is both locked AND one you have posted in.

Image - Announcement
Image - Sticky thread
Image - Read topic or forum
Image - Unread topic (or forum with an unread post in it)
Image - Read topic that you have posted in
Image - Unread topic that you have posted in
Image - Hot topic
Image - Locked thread
Image - Moved thread
Image - Forum with subforums (which have been read)
Image - Forum with subforums (which are unread)
Image - Link forum
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget