The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

HIGH STREET

Is Oulton Broad a better place to live? Will Kirkley end up as an island if the sea levels rise? If you're new to the Lowestoft area this is a good place to ask questions. Rate and discuss local neighbourhoods here.
Rodders
Male/Female: Male

HIGH STREET

Post by Rodders » Wed May 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Walked up and down High Street this morning, first time for about 12 months. Surprised at variety of shops etc now open in that area. Worth a visit. :)

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Male

Re: HIGH STREET

Post by Aussie K » Wed May 10, 2017 7:49 pm

I drove my wife around the Hemplands Chapel street, Factory street Crown street and it was so nostalgic, we were reminiscing about the the things we did in those streets, nobody had a phone in there house the closest phone that I could recall from Factory street where I was born was at the town hall.
Our first house that we lived in when we were Married was in the Hemplands and we could have bought it for £350.00 but when I was earning £2.15s.0d a week I opted to pay the rent of 7s.6d a week. The landlord eventually gave me £50.00 to get out which wass the deposit for our own house costing £999.00
I managed to get my wife's long term memory working hard.
We were so poor but so content and it was a magic drive around.