The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Windows Computer Phone Call Scam.

Discussion about all things technological.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Windows Computer Phone Call Scam.

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:47 am

Just received a phone call (unavailable caller) from a man with a foreign accent. "Hello, your Windows computer is downloading malware, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc............" I let him talk for about 15 seconds then responded - "Oh yes, I've heard all this before, now b***er off before I call the police!" His response was - he hung up! :lol:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Windows Computer Phone Call Scam.

Post by funkychick » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Thats been doing the rounds for a while I have such fun with them, I go along with everything they ask me to do except i m cooking or washing up or whatever but I pretend I m on the computer so I say yes I ve pressed that key yes I can see that icon and i let them work with me for 5 minutes or more before I ask them if they need my password when they say yes I spell out some word like 'nofool' or 'sillyme' before I thank them for their entertainment
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:50 pm

my neighbour just been conned on this scam she foolishly gave them her bank details.fc you know where I live they tried it on with me and old gal next door.these two people highly clever and got con.they phoned me I told them pi88 off.It do seemed aimed this area.THE TWO THEY AIMED AND MYSELF and others had all been in hospital at same time a place where most of your details would be there was other similararities like the other half being on own stressed out and unaware these scams go on.Just add when phoned me they knew of certain illness I had 10years ago that when smelt big rat told police who about intrested as a kipper
NOW I had this before but as say told them to do one.This time I thought I listen see what info they had,they used my mob phone I am surpicious when that happens noboby knows that number but I have given it to public places like hospitals,this time said from ppi,i phoned back but dead line just seems odd each one of us had to give our details to public institutians at some point all in last 6weeks.It got so bad for me I have keep mob phone off.
ANOTHER THING with ipod 4 if hold it in certain positions it easy to hack but that was in news yesterday

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by seagull » Mon May 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Well seems I half right cops should taken me seriously about these scams I saw somewhere yesterday how easy it I i saw how easy it is get email address done in seconds.James pager targeted.The hospital itself are not responsible for appointments It seconded out to company somewhere in world.So easy get address phone number NHS number and mob phone age illness and how many of us asked for email address I have.Big mistake with me they had postal address for me it was address in London not mine but someone who lived in another road strange jp had that my address and she got mine...thought was strange told jp my doc they went ballistic and I had a few calls from gp wanting know more and jp also going nuts.I thought all odd there's more to it but go out