The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Miniature Flash Drive

Discussion about all things technological.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Miniature Flash Drive

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:23 pm

The Media/musis system in our latest car does not take CD's or tapes but music can be played through the system in a number of ways - by connecting an iPod/iPhone or something similar with a USB cable or via Bluetooth if the device has it. It will also play mp3 files from a flash drive plugged into the USB port. I had only started using it the latter way recently but the flash drive I was using protruded out from the facia of the system by about two and a half inches. I have now managed to find a much smaller one which only protrudes about 5-mm and is barely noticeable. The one I bought is 64 Gigabytes and I spent some time this afternoon downloading about 50 of the albums which are on my Amazon Cloud, some of which are of multiple CD's, and transferring them to the flash drive so at the moment there is the equivalent of nearly 60 CD's on it and I have only used about 7 Gigabytes of the available 59 that are on there. (some of the 64 is reserved for other things the drive is capable of). On that basis I reckon that I could get the equivalent of about 500 individual CD's onto it. Imagine carrying all those actual CD's in the car. :lol: There is also a 128 Gigabyte version available.

Here are a couple of pictures, the second of which shows the flash drive unobtrusively in place. How wonderful is modern technology? Image
Attachments
P1020140.JPG
P1020142.JPG
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

SL-Dave

Re: Miniature Flash Drive

Post by SL-Dave » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:37 pm

About a month ago I managed to get a 512Gb drive from China. Many friends have since wanted one, as it was very cheap. Turns out it was an error, and the seller has withdrawn all stock. And yes, it is indeed 512Gb, tested successfully. £11 well spent, methinks. Having said that, memory sticks are not as reliable as people think, often corrupting.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:49 pm

I have four others and none has ever given any problems. I use one, which has a secure vault (as the above one also has), as a back-up for important documents etc. I've had more problems with external hard drives in the past.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:18 pm

I ve bought myself a little battery charger to have when your on the move and your phone runs out handy little thing
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Those chargers are great, especially considering how quickly modern phones seem to run out of power. I remember the old Nokia's, used to be able to carry them around for a week or more between charges.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:24 pm

amansin wrote:..... I remember the old Nokia's, used to be able to carry them around for a week or more between charges.
Yes, I remember them as well - but the phones were only used for a very small number of things compared to what they are used for today, now they are mini-computers. I think my first mobile phone which I bought about 1993 or 4 only made phone calls. Well isn't that what they were intended for? :lol: I can still remember its phone number - 0378 138314