The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Computer Chat

Discussion about all things technological.
Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Male/Female: female

Re: Computer Chat

Post by Meryl » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I have 2 old routers which need to be recycled. Is there a need to destroy any personal info or don't they hold anything?

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:15 am

No, the routers don't hold any personal data - at least not that I am aware of. They are only a link that enables data be communicated over the internet.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:38 am

My only thought is that they will contain any passwords you use to access them, maybe encrypted, maybe not.

If you are still using the same passwords for anything then that may cause a problem.
I before E except after C - That's weird

Meryl
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Meryl » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Thank you both.

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:19 pm

I have Windows 10 and for a few weeks it's been a pest,the photo programme was the first to play up,worked but only just ,then the jigsaw programme vanished .As I'm not happy trying to fix things left well along and lo and behold today it much better.All I did was to clear out the history file do n't think that solved my problems.Must have been a big problem with Windows. dancer1 :think:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm

I find the best way to clear out all the obsolete files, not just the history ones, is to use 'CCleaner', kerch. There is a free version available.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am

I have had trouble this morning trying to upload photos to this site. Don't know if it is me or there is a problem here...will try again later.
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am

Test for photo upload:
DSC04912.jpg
edit: Doesn't seem to be a problem at present, Mel. What message were you getting or what was actually happening, if no message?

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:47 pm

boatbuilder wrote: edit: Doesn't seem to be a problem at present, Mel. What message were you getting or what was actually happening, if no message?
I have just posted some shots Boatbuilder so things are working OK at the moment. What was happening was my pictures were struggling to download onto the site and I was getting a HTML error message.
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:13 pm

I think I have seen that message before myself, Mel, but don't believe it was a site problem. I can't be certain but I think I overcame it by just closing the browser and re-opening it again and then all seemed to be back to normal.

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerch » Sun May 05, 2019 8:36 am

I've been Lucky not picking up virus but yesterday my computer screamed at me sounded like a cat fight .Ran the anti virus programme (the one that takes hours) as opposed to the smart scan and no cat fight so far to-day.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 pm

I use Microsoft Edge browser as I prefer it to all the others. About a month or two ago, there was a major update to it and I subsequently noticed that it didn't ask me if I wanted to close all tabs if I clicked the 'X' at the top-right corner of the browser window when I had more than one tab open, as it had previously done before the newer version was installed.

Yesterday I accidentally closed all the tabs down when I had a lengthy post typed in on this forum and which I hadn't submitted. Fortunately, I did somehow manage to recover it from the history so didn't have to type it all in again. Consequently, I decided to try and find the setting that would ask me that question, as I might not be so lucky the next time.

However, when I tried to find a setting, I couldn't find one. This led me to do a search about it online and I came up with a couple of YT videos that explained and showed where the setting is in the registry and what to do to get it to ask the question. I tried the first, shorter video and after getting into my registry and through umpteen sub-folders I found the location where the setting should be - and it wasn't there ! I then looked at the second longer video which took me to the same location. However, in this video, the setting also wasn't there and it then showed how to insert it into the registry. So I did just that, exactly as described. Unfortunately, when I subsequently tried it out it was no different and all tabs were closed down without asking the question.

What I did notice was that the videos stated that you had to choose the 32-bit setting option when inserting it into the registry. When I looked at the version of Edge on my computer it said it was 64-bit. Thinking that would be the answer I then went back into the registry and deleted the first entry and inserted a new one choosing the 64-bit option. THAT never worked either, and so I gave up on it.

However, late last night I did another search through the Microsoft Help pages for Edge and eventually found a recent question that had been asked by somebody about the exact same thing. And the answer is shown below, along with another obvious question from a few days ago...!

As of now, there is no further response. :roll:
tabs.jpg