The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

New message popped up on Oultook (emails)

Discussion about all things technological.
Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

New message popped up on Oultook (emails)

Post by Trigger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Just clicked to see if a new email had arrived (Windows 7) - when up popped a message panel (see below) asking me to “Enter Network Password”. Don’t seem to recall a message like this before . . . and, whilst the Server and User details are correct, and it shows the right number of asterisks for my password, I’m still a bit dubious!

Found an MS Help page (below) - but I’ve not changed that password - so, I’m calling our experts for help/advice/guidance!
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... f4b404a04b
Attachments
Password._01.jpg
Password._01.jpg (33.26 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: New message popped up on Oultook (emails)

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:38 pm

From my experience these pop-ups seem to happen for no apparent reason. Often just typing in your password again resolves the issue. However, sometimes it doesn't as it's not an incorrect password in the first place and it usually resolves itself in due course - maybe next time your e-mail program checks for new emails on the server which will be the default time you have it set to.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks BB - was just concerned as I hadn't seen it before - and it was asking for my password - and you never know just who's lurking around theses days!

PS: Saw this on the Beeb's news pages - Outlook and Hotmail flooded by spam http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36426142 - which seems to have happened yesterday!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Post by seagull » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:15 pm

I often get pop ups asking much samething and format changes so I don't fill them in.What I have had just lately phone calls on my mob phone which often coincide with advert I may have seen on net,I worry because I never give mob number out and I like to know how they get my number