The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

two problems

Discussion about all things technological.
seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

two problems

Post by seagull » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:20 pm

first problem..I had my ipad just under a year and the charger all plastic insulation has split by the bit you put into ipad.I been to computer shop and no luck apple charger.OVER the years all my chargers have gone into the draws old phone chargers now I tempted try one but could I screw ipad up. apple very strict policy about but would old phone charger work this.computer chap said need contact Apple which easier said I tried.
2 problem I losing different sky channels I phoned sky up to be told they doing something with pixel and I need upgrade sky box normally 6extra quid a month but sky said do me great faour I have it free for one year but it will only work on HD.to my knowledge Sky not made this public I found out via fb.They did say different area are being effected.
Sky got me by the wotsits.We only have it so hubby gets premia sports I can live without it.Now I obliged buy another tv and next year got to pay etra 6quid it one big fiddle.Are other people in the area having pixel problems.thanks for help if can help me

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: two problems

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:35 pm

You can buy the leads separately to charge iPad or iPhone. I got one recently from Amazon for £4.99. At the moment these ones are only available in black (no white in stock). However, it is only available to add on to an order valued at £20+ meaning they won't ship it by itself.

Alternatively there is this:

I don't know anything about your Sky 'pixel' problem. Seems as though your Sky box may be way out of date and can't upgrade any more. Working only on HD makes no sense to me unless that are trying to say that you have to have the HD add-on to be able to have that box.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: two problems

Post by funkychick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:06 pm

Try the Apple Store in Norwich they are usually very helpful there, my grandaughter recently broke her charger it broke off inside the iPad they went to the little computer shop in Dukes Head Street and he got it out for her and said it took ages but only charged her £12
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.