The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Any ideas

Discussion about all things technological.
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Any ideas

Post by funkychick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:28 am

I ve had the same phone for a while as has one of my friends
We have always been in text contact
This last week my texts to her are not getting through BUT hers to me are
All my other texts to others are getting through as normal and all her texts are normal to her other friends
She was in town yesterday and called in the phone shop who checked her phone and said there is no problem with her phone

I ve checked she's not accidentally got blocked on mine
I ve deleted our thread and started again just in case something was stuck

Any ideas gratefully received it's a complete mystery to me why hers come to me but mine have stopped going to her
Thanks
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Any ideas

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:02 am

Have you tried sending the same text to two people simultaneously as a test to see if the other one receives it and your friend doesnt? Might be worth giving that a try and if the other one receives it and your friend doesn't then maybe you could have your phone checked out.

edit: just found this forum link from 2010 which, although old and obviously from the USA, might give you a pointer or two - notably the one part-way down the first page by user 'maynardblue'.
http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-pre- ... erson.html
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:29 pm

My texts get through to everyone else BB and I received everyone elses in fact I sent two which were replied to at the same time as I sent one to my friend that appeared to go through but wasn't received

It's only happened recently we have never had problems texting each other before
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Have you been able to try sending them to each others phones when you have been together? Are you both the same network? Perhaps a visit to a phone shop together to prove the point might get you somewhere with them. Then 'Murphy's Law' will probably kick in and it will work OK in the shop. :D

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:45 pm

No we re on different networks and I rang mine today and was told as mine are being "sent" and not coming up as failed there is no fault from my end and it could be that she has inadvertently blocked me as I don't know the make of her phone I couldn't go any further to find out how she U blocks me but I also thought the best way will be to meet in town when we re both free and pop in the phone shop
Thanks

shamus
Male/Female: male

Post by shamus » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:56 am

do you "REPLY" or type in her address you might be mis-typing her address

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:02 pm

No I reply

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Sounds to me like she's accidentally blocked your number. Easily done. And easily fixed. It's a simple option when looking at the contact in the address book on the phone.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:08 pm

funkychick's original post wrote: I ve checked she's not accidentally got blocked on mine
Has your friend checked hers? As mentioned in amansin's post, that now seems to be the most likely cause.