The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

My problems with a PC!

Discussion about all things technological.
frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: My problems with a PC!

Post by frankiesays » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:50 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Should be up and running by next week then?
It's grim up North...

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

frankiesays wrote:Should be up and running by next week then?
Well, first of all I've got to find out how to turn it on . . . . which will probably take a few days . . . ! However - the shop's owner gave me a brief demo of W10 and . . . I have to admit it looks very interesting . . so, perhaps - just perhaps, your 'forecast, might come true! :D
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:05 am

Trigger wrote:
frankiesays wrote:Should be up and running by next week then?
Well, first of all I've got to find out how to turn it on . . . . which will probably take a few days . . . ! However - the shop's owner gave me a brief demo of W10 and . . . I have to admit it looks very interesting . . so, perhaps - just perhaps, your 'forecast, might come true! :D
Turning ON is the easy bit but as the very NICE MAN to TURN OFF all the crud and drudgery stuff that YOU will not need or actually want which comes with MS software.
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 am

nikkai wrote: Turning ON is the easy bit but as the very NICE MAN to TURN OFF all the crud and drudgery stuff that YOU will not need or actually want which comes with MS software.
I'm feeling quite adventurous at the moment - probably due to me medication! :lol:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:23 am

Trigger wrote:
nikkai wrote: Turning ON is the easy bit but as the very NICE MAN to TURN OFF all the crud and drudgery stuff that YOU will not need or actually want which comes with MS software.
I'm feeling quite adventurous at the moment - probably due to me medication! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You'll learn :think:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:43 am

SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT!

This is being written and sent off from my NEW Windows 10 computer! Obviously, I'm coming up against the usual "teething problems"! Where's this? How do I . . . . ? etc. etc. Plus, of course, I'm occasionally using words that I didn't know were in my vocabulary! :|
Managed to get the Internet working via the Ethernet cable - after lunch hope to go over to Wi-Fi!

But, for now, I'll just keep on a-troshin' :D

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:23 pm

You'll have to give us a run-down on your spec., Trigger.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:01 am

Bought my PC from Northbridge in High Street. The reason I went there – after posting comments that I wouldn’t - are simple! I mulled over the comments made on here and felt the least I could do was go and speak to them and see how I felt then – which is what I did. I was impressed with how my query was dealt with, and decided to place my order there and then.

The PC was a doddle for me to “set up”– which could suggest that I’m more of an expert than I thought! In fact it was an easy task including setting up the Wifi. :D The only part that’s a bit difficult is finding where things are! But I allowed Google to be my friend - I wanted the Control Panel and discovered that pressing the ‘Windows button’ and ‘X’ causes a menu to pop-up and listed therein is the Control Panel. Now the bug has bitten - I might even try chatting up Cortana! :roll:

All I'll say is: if you’re thinking of getting ‘10’ but still unsure – go for it!

This PC: Processor 1.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium / 1Tb H/D / Memory 8Mb / Display: Intel HD

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 am

Good news Trigger. there are lots of video tips for W10 on YouTube too - you have probably discovered that already though.
It's grim up North...