The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Tablet Touch Screen.

Discussion about all things technological.
Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Tablet Touch Screen.

Post by Dave » Mon May 15, 2017 3:35 pm

About three weeks ago I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tablet or Galaxy Tab A 2016 as the device information calls it. I've had nothing but problems with it since, mainly with the touch screen. Sometimes I'll tap a link and it works, other times I can tap all day and get nowhere. As an example, submitting a post on this site works when it feels like it. I give up and use my laptop touch screen and hey presto, it works. Trying to copy and paste is a nightmare, I've got it to work a couple of times at most. I decided to take it back on Sunday and when I was trying to show my wife the problems it worked perfectly so I gave it another chance, more fool me. After looking at several sites about these problems and seeing all sorts of long winded advice one of them suggested trying the restart icon. This worked for a time but it soon reverted to the problems. Are all tablets this much trouble or is it just Samsungs or even just the model I have? I have about a week left of the thirty days warranty so it goes back tomorrow, if anyone has a magic solution before that I'd like to know, please. Once it disappears into the black hole that is PC Worlds workshop I shan't see it for a month of Sundays.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Tablet Touch Screen.

Post by funkychick » Mon May 15, 2017 6:03 pm

I use an iPad Dave had it bought for me by my three kids two birthdays ago and I can honestly say it s been a dream I very rarely open my laptop now as I just use it all the time the only thing I can't do on it is use my scanner with it as they re not compatible so have to open my laptop if I want to scan anything I don't know anyone with a Galaxy so can't comment on that part of your post
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Mon May 15, 2017 6:13 pm

I have a Galaxy Tab 2. I would suggest trying to clean the screen to make sure nothing dodgy is registering. Failing that, try switching the tablet off, waiting a few minutes then switching on again; this is not the same as a restart. Finally, you could try resetting back to factory settings. If none of these work, take it back to the shop telling them there is an intermittent fault, and you would like a replacement. Just to point out if you only bought it 3 weeks ago, the 4 week/1 month you are referring to is only the no-fault refund policy. Faults in devices are covered by manufacturers warranty for 2 years; the first 6 months of that it is the job of the shop to prove there 'isnt' a fault, afterwards it is your duty to prove there 'is' a fault.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon May 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Apart from the touch screen iPhone which has never been a problem I use a Fire HD Tablet and have only ever had one problem about a month or two back when I was typing replies to messages on here and for some reason the screen keyboard suddenly stopped accepting any inputs. It corrected itself for a while by re-booting but happened again soon after. I then did a 'return to factory settings' and that seems to have resolved the issue as there have been no problems since. I just hope I'm not speaking too soon. :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Many thanks to you all for the advice, I tried resetting the factory settings and everything seems to be okay now. I wish I'd asked for your help earlier, it would have saved a lot of time and effort. I now don't have to spend best part of tomorrow morning at PC World. Thanks again. drinker1
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 am

You're welcome Dave. drinker6

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 am

funkychick wrote:I use an iPad Dave had it bought for me by my three kids two birthdays ago and I can honestly say it s been a dream I very rarely open my laptop now as I just use it all the time the only thing I can't do on it is use my scanner with it as they re not compatible so have to open my laptop if I want to scan anything I don't know anyone with a Galaxy so can't comment on that part of your post
FC Have you tried tiny scanner on your IPad. I use it on my iPhone and it is a godsend when I need to scan and save documents.
I before E except after C - That's weird

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Tue May 16, 2017 1:33 am

I've just had a look at that app Morty and it is very useful with lots of options, even the free version. Thanks for the details, hopefully FC will also find it useful. If I needed a copy of a document when I wasn't at home where I have access to my printer/scanner I'd just take a picture of it with the phone but this will prove to be more useful in future.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiny-sc ... 63753?mt=8