The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

'Microsoft Services Agreement'

Discussion about all things technological.
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

'Microsoft Services Agreement'

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:48 pm

If you use Microsoft Windows, and probably other Microsoft products you will have probably received, or will receive in due course, an email advising of, and including a link to their updated 'Services Agreement' which becomes effective on May 1st 2018.

I decided to follow the link and have a look and this turned out to be a somewhat lengthy webpage. Out of curiosity (please don't mention anything about cats :D ) I decided to create a Word Document of the page and then remove all the unnecessary padding which left me with a document 18 A4 pages long and in a small 7.5 pt typeface (about 1/10th of an inch in height)

I just wonder how many users (no doubt a very small percentage somewhere under 'one') ever bother to read such documents, and if they did would they be able to understand all the jargon it contains.

If you think about it, with all the other software we use on our computers from other sources, and the T's & C's they all come with that we have to tick the box to accept before we are allowed to install them were to be read, then we would probably never have the time to use our computers for anything else other than to do that. :roll: :lol:

If you are interested then here they are, below, which I saved as a PDF document.
Microsoft Services Agreement - May 1st 2018.pdf
(586.47 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Please let us know if you manage to wade through it. :thumbsup:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 'Microsoft Services Agreement'

Post by nikkai » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:00 pm

I got bored by the 3rd or 4th item so went and just accepted the T&C so I could continue with the product..
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm

According to the email that the link was in, you accept the agreement by continuing to use whatever you use from May 1st.
You can read the entire Microsoft Services Agreement here. You can also learn more about these updates on our FAQ page here, including a summary of the most notable changes. The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement will take effect on Ma‍y 1, 20‍18. If you continue to use our products and services on or after Ma‍y 1, 20‍18, you are agreeing to the updated Microsoft Services Agreement.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Yes I just want an easy life so ticked the box ready for the change and I can just continue with whatever MS products I have, the only thing is there are 5 different systems using the same or similar MS programs etc
On 3 of those I await the email?
Steven Covey

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:22 pm

I haven't seen anything to 'tick', at least as far as I can see, nikkai. :think:

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:22 pm

When I say tick i mean to agree to their jargon (which I haven't waded through)
Steven Covey