The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Laptop problem

Discussion about all things technological.
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Laptop problem

Post by funkychick » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Any help gratefully received I ve just opened my laptop and the arrow ain’t in the centre I can just see it at the top of the screen but it won’t move down to be useable is it anything I can do or is it a shop job please
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Laptop problem

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:22 pm

FC. It could be that the mouse pad has been disabled (accidentally maybe?). Unless you know what the function key press is to enable it, or you have access to an external mouse which when plugged in and hopefully auto installs itself then I can only suggest a hard reset of the laptop to see if it resets itself assuming that it hasn't been disabled. Hard reset = hold in the start-up button until it switches off and after a few seconds switch on again.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Thank B.B. I had already done a shut down with no success but done it again left it longer and I m back in business It had done a configuration previously and it was after that that the problem occurred
Anyway thanks a thousand
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Glad it's back up running, FC.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget