The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Ipad

Discussion about all things technological.
seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Ipad

Post by seagull » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Bit of a problem,on one iPad Apple locked out of wifi asked my password so use Apple password about three four times now locked out.i may have pressed lock iPad but not sure..If I reset do I go to factory settings .
Other problem on different iPad keyboard move to middle I not see what I typing.To my knowledge I not pressed any buttons make it happen I not see screen pot guess to typed
I give up will to live going Apple Store Norwich phoned Bt no use asked Apple tech followed instructions no good I not understand him he say BT problem BT Apple problem....I feel like cancel BT go to sky not sure if they cancel contract.
oh also got two modems one black upright other white square I been told white one defunct only need black one, wrong do need both helppp

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Re: Ipad

Post by seagull » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Oh get impression two different passwords

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Ipad

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Seagull, you need to use your router's wi-fi password if you can't get onto your wi-fi, NOT your Apple one. This should be somewhere on a label at the back of your router. Make sure it is the wi-fi password/key and NOT the 'admin' one as there may be two of them. The wi-fi is usually the longest one.
NOTE: Make sure you are trying to connect to the correct BT router as there may be others showing up in your wi-fi settings that belong to neighbours. The hub will have a code something like 'BTHub5-8RTG' or something resembling that on the label on the router. That code will also appear in your wi-fi settings on the iPad and it MUST be that one that you are trying to log on to.

I'm not sure what you mean about locking your iPad. Only use factory reset - which will wipe all your data - as a last resort. If you reboot your iPad and it accepts your PIN or Password then you aren't locked out.

Re the two routers - Black and White - it depends on which hub you have which determines if you need the white one. If you have been using the white one without any problems for some time in-line with the Black one you have, then you should keep using it.
I think (but can't be 100% sure) that the white one is only needed for earlier hubs that start with 'BTHub4 ….' in the hub code mentioned above. If the code starts with 'BTHub5' or 'BTHub6' then you shouldn't use it.

Regarding your keyboard problem. You have undocked it from the bottom without realising it. If you touch the button in the bottom right corner of the keyboard (the one that looks like a tiny keyboard) and keep your finger on the screen and slide it up onto the word 'Dock' and release your finger, it will put the keyboard at the bottom of the screen again. You can do the opposite when the keyboard is at the bottom to 'Undock' it - which is what you must have done and not realised it.

The iPad problems you have are nothing to do with BT, so hope this helps. If you can't resolve the iPad issue using these suggestions then maybe a trip to the Apple Store is the answer.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget