The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Cycling

Here you can discuss and exchange ideas on any hobbies and interests you have with other members.
kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Cycling

Post by kerch » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Think there's a lot of us with the same problem,only remember the next day when it's hard work getting out of bed. :)

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Mel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:58 am

jonboy wrote:Well , i have just returned home after finishing my 500 Klm ride in Spain .
Well done Jonboy, glad you had a good trip and I think it is good you are looking forward to doing another. I am not tempted myself, Southwold, Halesworth and Bungay is about my limit :)
My Flickr pictures look here

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Post by jonboy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks Boatbuilder and Mel ........just thought i would share one more photo with you all , i took it outside a hostel in a small village . In real life it really glistens in the sun . I dont know what or who it depicts , but it is unusual .
Attachments
santiago 078.jpg

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Sunday cycling

Post by jonboy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am

Just an open invitation to any cyclists out there that would like to join us on our Sunday morning cycle ride . We ( normally 3 of us ) do a gentle 10 klm ride , mostly along cycle tracks , from Oulton Broad back to Oulton Broad via Victoria Rd , Kirkley Fens Park , stop for late breakfast at "Howards Cafe " on London Rd South , continue along the prom then up London Rd North , the High St to Sparrows Nest then down the cycle track to the rear of the North Quay retail park ,then across Normanston Park and home .
We ride at a gentle pace , so if you feel like you could do with a bit of fresh air on a Sunday then please join us ( us being 1 male and 2 female riders ) . We meet at the bridge /underpass on Saltwater Way (opposite the Wherry Hotel , Oulton Broad ) at 11am . Please feel free to join us

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm

When I was a football referee and before I had a car I would cycle to Walberswick, taking the bike across on the ferry, Halesworth,and take the train home, Harleston and get a lift back on the away teams bus and all the odd places in the Lowestoft & district league. oh and still referee the game. I still cycle and love it but its more more difficult for me at the moment because my wife needs constant attention.

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 pm

I would love to join you but I can't get my wis on the cross bar.

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:29 pm

I used to love cycling then a physio told me that I was not helping my knees and hips on a bike so I sold it, now I have a different physio a gentle ride is fine..
Oh well If I get the notion to spend out on another cycle I may join in on your little jaunts as they sound relaxing in an interesting way.
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

AyB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by AyB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Aussie K wrote:When I was a football referee and before I had a car I would cycle to Walberswick, taking the bike across on the ferry, Halesworth,and take the train home, Harleston and get a lift back on the away teams bus and all the odd places in the Lowestoft & district league. oh and still referee the game. I still cycle and love it but its more more difficult for me at the moment because my wife needs constant attention.
I sometimes cycle via quiet roads to Halesworth and return by Walberswick and Southwold. I love Gun Hill Café and usually call in for coffee and cake or bacon roll. I have more time now being retired. Weekdays are so much better now. dancer1

AyB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by AyB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:22 pm

nikkai wrote:I used to love cycling then a physio told me that I was not helping my knees and hips on a bike I sold it, now I have a different physio a gentle ride is fine..
I also have a "knee problem" A couple of years ago I was advised to take up cycling again after a break of several years. It has certainly improved my health and also contributed to me losing weight. :bike:

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:53 am

AyB wrote:I sometimes cycle via quiet roads to Halesworth and return by Walberswick and Southwold.... and usually call in for coffee and cake or bacon roll.
That is a good route AyB and on a nice day weather wise cycling along those country lanes (I try to stay off the main roads) is very relaxing...especially at the speed I cycle :D And the coffee and cake or bacon roll is a good reward for the effort taken 8-)

AyB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by AyB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:42 am

I only do quite roads Mel. That route then makes up about 35 to 40 miles. :D

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:02 am

AyB wrote:I only do quite roads Mel. That route then makes up about 35 to 40 miles. :D
It is surprising how the miles soon clock up AyB. The other day the wife and I had a ride through Gisleham, Henstead, Benacre and Wrentham and coming back to Lowestoft via Hulver and that worked out at nearly 25 miles. A most enjoyable trip and a very enjoyable piece of carrot cake too at Toad Row, Henstead :)

AyB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by AyB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Mel wrote:
AyB wrote:I only do quite roads Mel. That route then makes up about 35 to 40 miles. :D
. A most enjoyable trip and a very enjoyable piece of carrot cake too at Toad Row, Henstead :)
It is these little "extras" that add to the enjoyment. :D

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 am

Whilst cycling earlier this year i came across this little darling . He was not injured ,just wanted to block my way on a narrow path across a field .
Attachments
002.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Well 'rescued' jonboy. Did you check in a nearby bush to see if there were another two? :D
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by jonboy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:15 pm

dancer1 dancer1 No, i just put him/her in the shade of a nearby tree as it was quite a warm day .I must say it was worth it ,as the old saying goes . :D I just felt privileged to have been able to hold him/her for a minute or so .
This is how i first spotted this youngster.
Attachments
001.jpg