The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Cycling

Here you can discuss and exchange ideas on any hobbies and interests you have with other members.
Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Cycling

Post by Mel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

jonboy wrote:Whilst walking down London Rd North this morning i noticed the Police were stopping cyclists and telling them to push their bikes .
I cycle a lot and if I am in town early morning or late evening I will cycle through the town when there is hardly any pedestrians about. If I am in town and the shops and street is busy I walk my bike. Common sense, politeness and thinking of others is all that is needed.
My Flickr pictures look here

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 pm

You're one of the sensible ones Mel. Unfortunately there are many who are not, probably in a certain age group.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 am

When the pedestrianisation first started the rules were no cycling along LRS between 9am and 4pm I don’t know that any changes have ever been clarified to the general public
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Post by jonboy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 am

Another bone of contention regarding cyclists/pedestrians in Lowestoft , is in my opinion ,the fact that cyclists are allowed to ride across the lifting bridge on the pavement . In the summer and at weekends this can be downright dangerous , what with kids , mobility scooters, pushchairs and family groups crossing the bridge in both directions .
Even though cycling is allowed i always push my bike from The Harbour Inn to Wetherspoons........and from today onwards , up to Beales . :bike:

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:29 am

jonboy wrote:Another bone of contention regarding cyclists/pedestrians in Lowestoft , is in my opinion ,the fact that cyclists are allowed to ride across the lifting bridge on the pavement .
I often cycle over the bridge on the pavement; as I said earlier about cycling in town if there is only a few pedestrians about there is no problem in cycling, especially on the bridge as it is a designated cycle track.
My Flickr pictures look here

jonboy
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: male

Post by jonboy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 am

Yes Mel....the narrow pavement across the bridge is a designated cycle track ( on both sides ) and yet the much wider London Rd North is not . Just seems a bit dis-jointed and ill conceived to me .

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:08 pm

I have just read/viewed this and I recalled the recent discussion in this topic.

Police release CCTV footage of infant mown down by cyclist

Police have released CCTV footage of the moment a four-year-old boy was knocked down by a cyclist travelling at speed in a pedestrian zone.
The Windsor branch of Thames Valley Police are cracking down on illegal cycling in the town centre, including handing out on-the-spot £50 fines to anyone breaking the law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-berkshire-41842050/police-release-cctv-footage-of-infant-mown-down-by-cyclist
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget