The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Coarse and Sea - Fishing

Here you can discuss and exchange ideas on any hobbies and interests you have with other members.
Suffolkboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: male

Coarse and Sea - Fishing

Post by Suffolkboy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Whilst I do not fish so much as I used to do I thought it might be good to start a subject about Angling after all it is claimed to be one of the largest participating sports in this country. I am always fascinated by Anglers standing on the beach with their rods pointing toward the sea and the Anglers eyes locked onto the tip of the rod. I can never resist asking "How's your luck mate?" Likewise a stroll along the river bank seeing Anglers always fascinates me especially the different baits that they use. These days Angling has become more complicated with such a variety of baits and different rigs available,the local tackle shop has a display more in tune with shelves at any Supermarket. I often wonder if all this variety is to catch the Angler rather than the fish?
The last few years I have concentrated on fishing commercial carp lakes - Match and Pleasure fishing,three years ago I found myself not enjoying my fishing any more so I stopped participating in match fishing and only did the occasional fishing when on holiday,now it is many years since I actually fished a river so yesterday I went to Martham boats in norfolk,the weather was predicted to be warm and no rain and what a day I had - catching fish from the off and blessed with a fantastic October day - can't be bad.
Here are couple of photos,
Attachments
Where I sat and fished.
Where I sat and fished.
DSCN8816.JPG (106.15 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
My catch after 4 hours.
My catch after 4 hours.
DSCN8818.JPG (109.59 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Always be a first -rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Coarse and Sea - Fishing

Post by boatbuilder » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:19 pm

Congratulations on your catch yesterday, SB.

Unfortunately I am unlikely to be one posting much on here because I have never been into the pastime except when I used to catch tiddlers with a net in a local brook as a child. :D

However, there are others on here who I am sure participate and will no doubt contribute.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Re: Coarse and Sea - Fishing

Post by frankiesays » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:12 pm

I hear from one of my Lowestoft friends that there is very good fishing to be had on the Waveney just upstream of Beccles. Very big Perch, Roach and Chub and as always lots of good Pike. The water is really clear up there now.
It's grim up North...