The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Making Music, playing a piano, organ or keyboard.

Here you can discuss and exchange ideas on any hobbies and interests you have with other members.
Nev
Male/Female: male

Making Music, playing a piano, organ or keyboard.

Post by Nev » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am a home organ hobby player and have 100s of pieces of sheet music of all genres. At the moment I am looking for the music for "When My Little Girl is Smiling". I have only played in church once and that was when my granddaughter got married.

Is there anyone else on here who is like minded. I have a Lowrey Imperial VO organ, play it almost every day and go to my organ club every Monday held at Allens Music, Gt Yarmouth.

Nev

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Making Music, playing a piano, organ or keyboard.

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Nev, I really thought we might have that piece in one of the numerous music books we have had for a number of years as my wife used to play a keyboard several years ago. Having just waded through them all, unfortunately it seems it's one song that we don't have either.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Nev
Male/Female: male

Post by Nev » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Many thanks for trying anyway. I have just got back from my weekly organ club and Lucy, one of those in the shop at Allens, went on a trade site where just about any obscure piece can be found and they said it was no longer available. I intend to get it but it will be a little difficult as I will have to pick the tune out on my organ and physically write it down on a sheet of manuscript.

Nev

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:35 pm

There are (or rather were last time we looked some years ago) so many books about in good music stores that have large collections of pieces of music for keyboards that that piece must surely appear in at least one book, I would have thought.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Nev wrote:Hi everyone,

I am a home organ hobby player and have 100s of pieces of sheet music of all genres. At the moment I am looking for the music for "When My Little Girl is Smiling". I have only played in church once and that was when my granddaughter got married.

Is there anyone else on here who is like minded. I have a Lowrey Imperial VO organ, play it almost every day and go to my organ club every Monday held at Allens Music, Gt Yarmouth.

Nev
I can find the chords here if this is the track you mean but this is for guitar and not keyboard so has no melody. https://play.riffstation.com/?v=ZKHz6qAw38U
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:15 pm

I don't know if this is of any help but it appears to be included in this compilation on the USA Amazon website.
More Carole King Composer ~ Piano / Vocal / Guitar sheetmusic