The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Digital Art

Here you can discuss and exchange ideas on any hobbies and interests you have with other members.
seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Re: Digital Art

Post by seagull » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I love them Dave I do them from time to time but I lack patience to finish

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Post by Dave » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Thank you, seagull, I have some more on my laptop which I'll post another day. I try all sorts of styles, when I tire of one type I have a go at something else. :)
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Jason Statham and Dr Who were done using PaintShop Pro and the mosaic was created with Photoshop.
Jason Statham Montage Merged..jpg
DR WHO copy.JPG
DR WHO copy.JPG (53.82 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Indian Bride Mosaic..jpg
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu May 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Jason Statham before and after a makeover.
J.Statham Snake Merged.jpg
jason-statham.jpg

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 pm

Topaz Adjust was used to produce the affect on these three photos. The first is a church in Cyprus, the second is my wife, Sheila, in St Mark's Square, Venice, with the pigeons. Last is Isabel, aka Izzy, Sheila's great niece, posing for the camera at a family wedding.
Cyprus Church..jpg
Sheila's Pigeons..jpg
Izzy..jpg

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 am

Topaz Adjust seems to be a very severe HDR programme Dave. It works very well with the picture of your wife Sheila in St. Mark's Square.
My Flickr pictures look here

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat May 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Mel wrote:Topaz Adjust seems to be a very severe HDR programme Dave. It works very well with the picture of your wife Sheila in St. Mark's Square.
It has many settings, Mel, not just HDR. It has six 'collections', Classic, Film, HDR, Stylized, Toned and Vibrant. Within each one there are many pre-sets and you can tweak them manually, you can be heavy handed or have a light touch, so there are endless ways to try things. There other Topaz programs, ReMask is a particularly useful one, and if you click here you can look at Adjust, then click the menu icon and you'll see all their other products. The end result of each project depends on the quality of the photo and the ability of the person working on it. Of course everyone's taste is different also, so what looks good to one looks bad to another.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat May 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Dave wrote:.... Of course everyone's taste is different also, so what looks good to one looks bad to another.
As is the case with all forms of art, Dave. I fail to see what some people see in some of the rather extreme 'abstract' paintings by some of the so-called famous artists that fetch thousands or even millions of pounds at auction. Like they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sat May 20, 2017 6:12 pm

boatbuilder wrote:
Dave wrote:.... Of course everyone's taste is different also, so what looks good to one looks bad to another.
As is the case with all forms of art, Dave. I fail to see what some people see in some of the rather extreme 'abstract' paintings by some of the so-called famous artists that fetch thousands or even millions of pounds at auction. Like they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
OR its the Emperor's New Clothes syndrome
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri May 26, 2017 11:26 pm

Three more created with the aid of 'Flame Painter' and PaintShop Pro. The first I called 'Rainbow Butterfly', then 'Olympics 2012' and last, 'He's Behind You', in which I should have made the fly smaller, at least it gave the fly a better chance. If you look at the 'Gallery', then 'Most Views', then scroll down and you'll see the Olympics picture. Click on it and my collection appears. There are so many other peoples pictures to see, all different types and ideas.

Rainbow Butterfly..png
Olympics 2012.png
He's behind you..png

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat May 27, 2017 6:00 am

boatbuilder wrote:I fail to see what some people see in some of the rather extreme 'abstract' paintings by some of the so-called famous artists that fetch thousands or even millions of pounds at auction.
A picture recently sold for $110.5million by an artist named Basquiat is a case in point I think Boatbuilder; the picture is alright but worth many millions, personally I don't think so.
Basquiat Painting
My Flickr pictures look here

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:59 pm

The first image is a basket weave effect of Taylor Swift. I followed a Photoshop tutorial only to find out that in PaintShop Pro I only had to click the 'Effects' list to find the same sort of thing. The next two I posted some time ago on this site or LoL, I can't remember which.
Taylor Swift Basket.jpg
cher4 Copy.jpg
Ali.jpg
Ali.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 2179 times

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks to kerch, Trigger, Mel and boatbuilder for allowing me to use their photos from 'Birds & Animals' to create this image.
Low-Birds.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Well done Dave, a well thought out compilation. drinker1
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:53 pm

Thanks, boatbuilder, it was a joint effort between the five of us.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:21 am

Excellent work there, Dave. Well done!
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking