The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Entertainment News from 2019 to date

A place to post any interesting news topics
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Entertainment News from 2019 to date

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:46 pm

Post your entertainment news stories here.
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: 2019 Entertainment News

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Marmalade singer dies at the age of 72

Dean Ford, lead singer of the Scottish group Marmalade, has died at the age of 72.
The band, from Glasgow, were best known for reaching number one in 1969 with their cover version of The Beatles "Ob-la-di Ob-la-da".
They had another 10 singles, including "Reflections of My Life" and "Rainbow", both of which Ford wrote.
On Facebook his daughter called him "an amazing man, a gentle soul and extremely talented musician".
Born Thomas McAleese in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, Ford co-founded Marmalade, first known as The Gaylords, in Glasgow in 1961.

BBC News

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Windsor Davies: It Ain't Half Hot Mum actor dies aged 88

Actor and star of It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Windsor Davies, has died.
Davies, 88, who was best known as the sergeant major in the TV series, died on Thursday, his family said.
Born in Canning Town, London, he returned to his father's home village, Nant-y-Moel in Bridgend county, when World War Two broke out.
His daughter Jane Davies said he and her mother, who died in September, left a family "who will all remember them with love, laughter and gratitude".
The couple, who were married for 62 years, had retired to France. They had five children.

BBC News

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Classic crime show Bergerac set to return.

Bergerac was axed as a primetime BBC series more than 27 years ago. Despite this, detective sergeant Jim Bergerac remains one of Jersey’s most famous exports and the name Bergerac has become synonymous with the Island.

And with a remake in the works, the unorthodox States police officer could be set for a welcome return to the nation’s living rooms.

The original Bergerac series was so popular it ran for nine series on BBC between 1981 and 1991 and several holiday specials. It starred John Nettles in the title role working within the States police’s Bureau des Étrangers – a fictional department dealing with non-Jersey residents.

Paramount Network confirmed yesterday morning that it hoped to be able to commission a full series of the iconic 80s show.

Full article here.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:45 pm

I read that last night. Now who would make a suitable alternative to John Nettles? :think:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:04 pm

Albert Finney has died at the age of 82.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:47 pm

Monkees bassist Peter Tork dies at 77 after being diagnosed with rare tongue cancer 10 years ago.

The Monkees bassist and singer Peter Tork died Thursday at the age of 77, his sister Anne Thorkelson has confirmed.
Tork's sibling did not clarify the suspected cause of his death, but in 2009 the musician was diagnosed with a rare cancer that affected his tongue.
'It is with beyond-heavy and broken hearts that we share the devastating news that our friend, mentor, teacher, and amazing soul, Peter Tork, has passed from this world,' a post on his official Facebook page read.

Full article here.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Will the BBC and ITV's BritBox be a hit or a flop?

The BBC and ITV's partnership on the BritBox streaming service is a move born of necessity. Both have long been aware that they are losing ground to Netflix and other rival TV services - but previous attempts to compete in that arena have been stymied by regulators.

Full article here.

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:02 pm

A bit late to jump on the bandwagon but who am I to say what the big wig's think we want to look at..
No a fan of TV (too much dross) and I found a great little devise hidden down the side of the wife's chair ! apparently its called a "remote" and the bestbit is it contains a little red button for turning the TV OFF.
My Daughter and Son as well as the grandchildren (in Kent) all have SKY whereas myself and the wife live in neanderthal times only having terrestrial garbage directed to our home.
so if the new venture does survive then good for them if it doesn't then no doubt there will be some way to recoup the lost revenue from somewhere??
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 am

I already pay the BBC and ITV to make programmes for me to watch. Why would I pay them again to watch the same programmes?
My Flickr pictures look here

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:51 am

Scott Walker, experimental pop hero, dies aged 76.

Scott Walker, one of the most innovative and enduring songwriters of the 20th century, has died aged 76.
The news was announced by his label, 4AD. “For half a century, the genius of the man born Noel Scott Engel has enriched the lives of thousands,” a statement read. The cause of death has not been announced.

Full Article.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:05 am

That is so sad to hear. He was one of my favourite artists in the 60's. This was probably my favourite songs of his from the Album 'Take it Easy with the Walker Brothers'.
[youtube]bg6CgrY3VUs[/youtube]

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:33 pm

Ginger Baker: Legendary Cream drummer dies aged 80.

Ginger Baker, one of the most innovative and influential drummers in rock music, has died at the age of 80.
A co-founder of Cream, he also played with Blind Faith, Hawkwind and Fela Kuti in a long and varied career.
His style combined the lyricism of jazz with the crude power of rock. One critic said watching him was like witnessing "a human combine harvester".
But he was also a temperamental and argumentative figure, whose behaviour frequently led to on-stage punch-ups.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:04 pm

Kenny Lynch, actor and pop singer, dies aged 81.

The entertainer Kenny Lynch has died at the age of 81. Best known for on-screen roles in TV shows including The Sweeney, films such as Carry on Loving and for his pop career, Lynch’s death was announced by his family on Twitter, who commented that he would be “remembered & missed by many”.

See the full article.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: 2019/20 Entertainment News

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:03 am

Very sad to have just read that the great actor Kirk Douglas has died at the grand age of 103. May he Rest in Peace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51394855