The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 20th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 28th March 2024 at 4:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Moving bulbs

This is the place for all your topics relative to gardening and horticulture. Let's hope it grows!
Forum rules
You must be the copyright holder of any images and videos posted in these pages or have the permission of the copyright holder to display them.
funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Moving bulbs

Post by funkychick » Sun May 14, 2017 9:40 pm

I ve had quite a few bluebells come up in the 'wrong place' on footpaths etc ? I know I mustn't move until they have died down from flowering but does anyone know if it's best to dig them up let them dry and replant in the Autumn early winter or do I just transplant them straight away after they die down ? thanks
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Moving bulbs

Post by boatbuilder » Sun May 14, 2017 10:03 pm

funkychick wrote:I ve had quite a few bluebells come up in the 'wrong place' on footpaths etc ? I know I mustn't move until they have died down from flowering but does anyone know if it's best to dig them up let them dry and replant in the Autumn early winter or do I just transplant them straight away after they die down ? thanks
Royal Horticultural Society website wrote:Some bulbs, such as winter aconites, bluebells and snowdrops, are thought to be best planted, moved or divided ‘in the green’, when flowering is over but they are still in leaf. However, dried bulbs are often offered and can be successful.
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=95
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Re: Moving bulbs

Post by funkychick » Mon May 15, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks Bb that's useful
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.