The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 10th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 18th April 2024 at 7:52pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Statins

Somewhere to discuss anything related to health issues.
frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: Male

Statins

Post by frankiesays » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:23 pm

boatbuilder wrote:From time to time members post about issues affecting either their own or someone else's health, or maybe just something that they think is of interest that has been reported in the news and which could invoke a discussion.

I have therefore started this board 'Health Matters' where all such topics and posts can be kept together, making them easier to find at a later date, which I hope will be found useful. Of course any incidental posts which are not thought to be discussion material as such can still be posted elsewhere, such as in the chat topic.

In the 'Board Index' this forum can be found under 'Community'.
My GP put me on Statins a year or two ago due to a cholesterol reading of 5.7. He told me everybody would be on them within 10 years. I've had no ill-effects from being on them, anybody else had an bad experiences with them?
It's grim up North...

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: Statins

Post by boatbuilder » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:24 am

I've never taken them frankie, but I know there seems to be mixed feelings about them. My sister has taken them but I don't know if she still does. You say it was 5.7 then, so what has happened to it since being on them, has it shown improvement?
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

shamus
Male/Female: male

Post by shamus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:35 pm

I was on statin and asked to come of them (sore bones)----keep cholestrol in check with benecol

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Best way Shamus statins are another pharmaceutical ploy Five point seven was a perfectly accepted reading a few years back they ve put it down and down I wouldnt take them unless my chlorestoral was very high My Nan lived to late 80's my Mum and Dad to 90s without them...... good enough for me I m not hot headed if it was to save my life I would of course. but putting everyone over 40 on them is ludicrous and only of benefit to the pharmaceuticals
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

seagull
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: female

Post by seagull » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:53 pm

as I understand if get bad pains in calfs you stop them instantly