The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

‘Picture of the Month Slideshow’.

Here you will find the past monthly polls for our members' 'Picture of the Month' which ran from April 2015 to July 2022
Click HERE to go to the Galleries of all the previous winners from 2015 (opens in new tab)
You can visit the 'All-Winners Video Gallery' HERE - which covers each year up to the end of 2021 (opens in new tab).

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

‘Picture of the Month Slideshow’.

Post by Dave » Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm

To see a slideshow of the 2017 monthly winners in PowerPoint format just click the attachment link below. On clicking the link you will get the option of either saving the file or running it immediately – in which case it will open as a Slideshow, providing you have at least the PowerPoint Viewer. It is possible that some users with iPads and/or other tablets and phones may experience difficulties, unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that.
MyLowestoft1show.ppsx
(7.29 MiB) Downloaded 51 times

24th May 2018 edited by admin: The original link to the slideshow was failing to work in some browsers - primarily in Microsoft Edge. I have now overcome this by adjusting a server settings to allow the large file to be uploaded through the post and appear as the attachment above.

The following was added on June 12th 2018:
Picture of the Month 2017 Slideshow Video

Update. Since posting this slideshow I have turned it into a video for YouTube. Because Albatross by Fleetwood Mac broke YouTube copyright regulations the music is now My Heart Will Go On by Kenny G.

If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: ‘Picture of the Month Slideshow’.

Post by boatbuilder » Mon May 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Good work Dave. I look forward to some of the other past years popping up sometime. Image
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Very good Dave

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Thanks to both of you, kerch for providing quite a few of the winners and boatbuilder for working out how to get it online. :high5:
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trigger » Tue May 08, 2018 6:57 am

Well done, young sir! :D

PS It might be worth keeping an eye out for the New Year's Honours List . . . . :roll:
‘Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet’ - Professor Stephen Hawking

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Tue May 08, 2018 9:48 am

Thanks twice, Trigger, first for the compliment and second for 'young'. You've made my day. :D

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:02 pm

I have now completed a second slideshow - this time of the 2016 monthly winners - in PowerPoint format. Just click the attachment link below. On clicking the link you will get the option of either saving the file or running it immediately – in which case it will open as a Slideshow, providing you have at least the PowerPoint Viewer. It is possible that some users with iPads and/or other tablets and phones may experience difficulties, unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that at present.

However, I am hoping to be able to present this in another format in due course which will make viewing for all a lot easier. In the meantime, I hope you are able to view the attached version.
MyLowestoft2016_2.ppsx
(11.64 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
As stated above here is another way to view the slideshow for anyone who doesn't have PowerPoint or has to use an iPad or tablet, which have problems of their own. All the work to produce the video was done by boatbuilder, so it's a big thank you to him from me.

Picture of the Month 2016 Slideshow Video

Update. Since posting this slideshow I have turned it into a video for YouTube.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 pm

An excellent presentation Dave. Well done.

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks, boatbuilder, and for your 'tweaks' that added the final polish to it. :high5:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:01 pm

They were probably only 0.00001% of the work you must have put in, Dave. :welcome:

kerch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by kerch » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:09 am

Nice one Dave.

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:22 am

Thank you, kerch, without your photos and every one else's there wouldn't be any slideshows. :high5:

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Well done Dave. I enjoyed that. I know now that my Power Point works ;) 8-)
My Flickr pictures look here

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Thank you, Mel, and it's nice to know that at our time of life your Power Point still works. I need a twenty year old youngster and a set of jump leads these days. :( :lol:

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 am

For everyone's information, Dave has now included a second link in his post that contains the PowerPoint 2016 Slideshow link, which now enables anyone who hasn't got the PowerPoint facility to watch (stream) it as a video from 'Dropbox'. It is also possible to download and save the video from the linked page, if anyone is interested. The file format is .mp4. This works OK on iOS devices as well as PC's.