The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

Free & Legal Adobe Photoshop CS2.

This forum contains some of the topics from 2010 to 2015 which are now 'Read Only' so cannot be posted in but still remain accessible to all members. Where appropriate, new topics of the same name have been created in the main forum.
Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Male/Female: Male

Free & Legal Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Post by Dave » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:41 am

If you haven't got a photographic program and would like one for free try the link below.

http://youtu.be/Upxv2E-PnHk

It will take you to YouTube where you can watch a video on how to download Adobe Photoshop CS2 for free and it's legal. It's a really old version, but as you can't buy the modern version now, you have to rent it, you can't lose. I have used PaintShop Pro for years but the lack of tutorials has always been a bugbear. I found many Photoshop tutorials on YouTube and stumbled upon the above video. I tried it and have had no problems since. There are videos for free CS6, but I haven't had a go at those yet. Have a look at the next link to see the sort of things you can do using Photoshop. There are many other websites that have tutorials, they are worth a look if only out of interest.

http://www.bluelightningtv.com/video-tutorials.html
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Free & Legal Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Post by nikkai » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:52 am

Like a mug I did buy a PS package and wow I just got lost in the translation to where I didn't know if I were layering or making coffee, needless to say the five disc's are here somewhere as I gave up trying to play with images and stuck to actually using the plans then seeing the results once I had finished
I am just not able to get that part of my mini brain into working out what to do with all the buttons and options :think:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:55 am

nikkai wrote:I am just not able to get that part of my mini brain into working out what to do with all the buttons and options :think:
Have a look at the videos, nikkai, there not as intimidating as you might think. I'm not the brightest when it comes to computers, but I muddle through. The 'Blue Lightning' tutorials aren't full of technical terms and are interesting to watch even if you're not going to use them.
If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark.

nikkai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nikkai » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:21 pm

I think that was the real issue I only wanted to see what it could look like BEFORE I built the model and with PS I 'was' told that you can do this and that and then the other which (they may well be able to but I just got lost and despondent so put the discs away and reverted to what I KNOW how to do :lol:
The challenge is not to manage time, but to manage ourselves.
Steven Covey

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mel » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Dave wrote:Have a look at the videos, nikkai, there not as intimidating as you might think.
I have often used video lessons either off the net or from discs in camera magazines to improve my knowledge of effects using PS Dave; but my problems begin when I want to use that effect again...I can never remember how I done it in the first place without replaying the video :( :think:
My Flickr pictures look here

Dave
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Dave » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Mel wrote:but my problems begin when I want to use that effect again...I can never remember how I done it in the first place without replaying the video.
A very large 'DITTO', Mel, I can't remember where I left my laptop sometimes. :huh: