The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to March 13th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 21st March 2024 at 5:07pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click on the header image above to go to the latest uploads in the forum gallery of bridge construction images

Stop Protesting About Trump

A place to discuss and debate specific subjects
RogerW
Male/Female: Male

Stop Protesting About Trump

Post by RogerW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

With all the issues the UK has with the NHS, over crowded schools, inquiries after inquiries and no one being held to account. Why do the public spend so much time protesting about Trump when we need to sort issues out here. And if the USA worries about us in the same way!
:StGeorge:

Mel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Stop Protesting About Trump

Post by Mel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:23 pm

No protesting about Trump from me.
My Flickr pictures look here

SheilaO
Bronze member
Bronze member
Male/Female: Female

Post by SheilaO » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 pm

I agree Roger W, and we have had far worse despots having state visits here with out a word said. Regardless of what we think about him, the only way we can understand the way his mind works (or doesn't ) is by talking to him person to person, not by allowing the media to make our judgements for us.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Albert Einstein

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:10 pm

There are several simple reasons to protest Trump.
1) As President of a major country, his actions and words have effects on the rest of the world.
2) As President of the USA, his actions reflect on how the UK is perceived due to the UK being known by many other countries as the poodle or lapdog of the USA.
3) As one person to another, we - in the main - are appalled at his lack of manners, decency and empathy for others.
4) As a member of the human race, his actions are causing concern for our future health and safety.

I'm sure there could be other reasons if I thought about it.

Regarding the State visit; the reason for protest is that there has been NO visit by another leader of any country so soon after their succession, for many years. Bush, Clinton etc, all had to wait a year or more. A normal visit, yes. State visit? No.

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:17 pm

I would not have been one to have voted for Trump, far from it but 61, or is it 66 million people in the states did just that and he is for the time being at least the democratically ellected president.
None of us know there thoughts when they placed there votes, choosing between him or Hillary, it certainly doesn't say much for her.
However thats there affair. What we have to worry about are those idiots (in my opinion) who are protesting his invitation to come over here. They maybe doing wholesale damage to our relationship with the USA.

SL-Dave

Post by SL-Dave » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:30 pm

As far as I can tell, no-one is actually protesting Donald Trump coming to the UK for a visit. WHat they are protesting, is the invitation to make an official State visit, which has not happened so soon after a leader has taken office for over 50 years! Not forgetting, the Queen, who normally makes the official invitation, didn't even know about the invite! This was done by the office of Theresa May, who it appears has actually overstepped their authority, and now the Queen has to either agree to the visit or else look like her authority has been undermined.

A State visit is normally made after several years in office, once the new leader has had time to sort out their domestic affairs. This visit will not be like that, with the USA domestic affairs in disarray. Far better in my view for Trump to get his own affairs in order before venturing overseas. Especially considering that every single day so far since he took office, he has been embroiled in one issue after another. The next one will be interesting, the American economy. Trump has promised to increase spending, and increase the national debt. However, it is unlikely Congress will agree to this, and there will most likely be much more trouble soon enough, when public servants are not paid by the White House administration.

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 pm

I cannot imagine for one moment that the protesting would cease if Trump came over to Briton even if he was not asked to speak to the house which i believe was the mainline of contention. There were many protests even before he was elected.
I will agree that Theresa May's office jumped the gun in suggesting a state visit and that may be due to some inexperience on her part but it has happened. inexcusable maybe, but so far she has risen n statue and should she handle the Brexit negotiations with some degree of success she may well match the dizzy heights of Margret Thatcher's esteem.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Male/Female: female

Post by funkychick » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 am

The man is psychotic, narcissistic and deluded he shouldn't be allowed out of the mental hospital and I totally agree with all you say SL Dave What happens over there has a huge direct link to what happens here's I will carry on protesting if he an Farage can go live on Mars I d be happy oh and they can take lying Nuttal and the awful unelected May with them too
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi FC if you mist ITV at 9 o'clock this evening I would sugest you get on the Iplayer tomorrow and watch the programme It may just enlighten you a little, and maybe smooth over that caustic and pestemistic view you have, opposite to what the majority of the nation goes along with.
please be polite.

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:00 am

That's a very patronising post thanks Aussie and thankfully I m not in the minority many people were not able to vote and many now wish they had not listened to the lies and voted to remain The difference between For and against was so minor that were there to be another the vote would most probably go the other way There were many denied the vote including 16 to 18 year old who if you have any understanding are the very people this decision will affect Like me your life will soon be over so this will not effect us but our children and grandchildren for years to come thank God for people like Lord Faulkes Lord Dubs Gina Miler etc who can see a bit bigger picture than the small minded Far right who want to take us back to the good old 'colonial days' The other day I had it thrown at me that it was my lot ( the white haired brigade) that had ruined this country well thankfully I may be getting on and I may have white hair but it wasn't me I had the ability to see through Farage s lies ...... I hope you not still waiting for the NHS money to materialise because you ll have a long long wait
So no I d don't need enlightening like many people I have spent many hours researching and thinking since that fateful day in June 2016 when the world changed for the worst
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter.

Aussie K
Bronze member
Bronze member

Post by Aussie K » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:06 pm

It was still a good program fc and well worth watching even of it's entertainment value.
You might be writing yourself off too early fc but I aim to stick around for another ten years or so and hopefully still to be a pain in your side.
By that time we maybe enjoying the fruits of Brexit dancer1

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Aussie K wrote:.....I aim to stick around for another ten years or so and hopefully still to be a pain in your side.

By that time we maybe enjoying the fruits of Brexit dancer1
Sounds like you are banking on me being able to fund this forum for at least another 10 years then Aussie. I'm not so sure that will be possible if the pound declines much more. We might then be grovelling to the EU rather than enjoying any 'fruits' - literally or metaphorically - which will be more expensive to import. Image :lol:
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

funkychick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by funkychick » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Unfortunately the only people enjoying Brexit will be the far right, the nostalgics who believe we were a 'great power' in them tha' days, or those who were conned into believing media and politicians lies
The people who want to be part of an inclusive world, travel or work in other countries and not be part of a shrinking exclusive small minded little area, those who want to welcome others to work here pay their taxes and give the richness of diversity, and those who want to be part of a peaceful continent supporting each other will be sorely disappointed.
Watch the NHS lists get longer and longer as the wonderful European doctors and nurses return home even the nurseries and farms are getting worried by the lack of low paid workers that won't be here to do the jobs no Brit will do ...Back to the days of queuing round the corners as there's no indigenous dentists No plumbers, no care home workers but never mind we have our little island back even without Trump's walls
Well done backwards a few centuries

morty1753
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by morty1753 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:54 am

I backed Brexit and I don't see myself as far right, nostalgic or a believer that we were a great power in them tha' days.

I also travel quite freely to other countries and am now at work in another country and have been for sixteen years.

I also welcome anyone who wants to come to the UK to live and work.
I before E except after C - That's weird

frankiesays
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by frankiesays » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Well I think we all know where admin stand on the issue now we've heard the official view. I'm sure just as many people from either side have changed their minds thereby cancelling each other out especially since the lies told by the Remainers as to the disaster which was to befall us directly after an Exit vote have not materialised. I'm afraid the low pound doesn't cut the mustard either as it is a well known fact that it has been artificially high for years stifling our exports. It is a double-edged sword.
It's grim up North...