The most recent Covid-19 statistics available for East Suffolk to April 17th 2024 are here - eastsuffolkcovid19.uk
(Last updated on: 25th April 2024 at 8:20pm)
-----◄►-----
- - - LINK TO GULL WING BRIDGE LIVE STREAM - - -
-----◄►-----
Click HERE to go to the latest uploads in the forum's gallery of bridge construction images

COVID-19 in East Suffolk

A place to discuss and debate specific subjects
boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Male/Female: Male

Re: COVID-19 in East Suffolk

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:14 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Here are the latest charts, etc., updated today, relating to East Suffolk. All images can be enlarged.
14_chart 25-11-20.jpg
14_graph(bar) 25-11-20.jpg
Above: 1 & 2) Chart and graph of cases by sample date as reported on 22nd November.
Full Spreadsheet HERE

14_Monthly_Cases_by_Age_Group_to_22_Nov_2020.jpg
Above: 3) Monthly Cases by age groups as reported up to 22nd November.
Full Spreadsheet HERE

14_National Map_2020_11_27.jpg
14_National Map_2020_11_27.jpg (92.16 KiB) Viewed 5114 times
Above: 4) Updated today, the National Map showing bands for the 7-day rates per 100,000 of population by Upper Tier Local Authority areas. (UTLA's) which gives some indication of how Suffolk compares with the rest of the UK. This can be compared with the map in the previous post. NOTE: Both maps relate to the date FIVE days prior to the published date shown on the map.
14_Weekly Cases by MSOA's_22nd_Nov.jpg
Above: 5) Chart showing the latest ten weeks of the Weekly Cases in the thirty MSOA's in East Suffolk up to 22nd November.
14_Weekly Rateser 100K by MSOA's_22nd_Nov.jpg
Above : 6) NEW! Chart showing the latest ten weeks of the Weekly Case Rates per 100,000 of population in the thirty MSOA's in East Suffolk up to 22nd November.

The Spreadsheets for the above two charts are in a Workbook HERE

I have added an additional spreadsheet which is updated daily and shows the daily rolling case totals
as each day is added - HERE
See my Suffolk Pictures at https://suffolk-world.com

S t r e t c h e d - O y s t e r

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:13 pm

Here are the latest charts, etc., updated today, relating to East Suffolk. All images can be enlarged.
15_chart 03-12-20.jpg
15_graph(bar) 03-12-20.jpg
1 & 2 (above): Chart and graph of cases by sample date as reported on 29th November.
Full Spreadsheet HERE

15_Monthly_Cases_by_Age_Group_to_29_Nov_2020.jpg
3 (above): Monthly Cases by age groups as reported up to 29th November.
Full Spreadsheet HERE
The total new cases in November (700) is almost one third of all cases since the start of the pandemic started in March

15_National Map_2020_11_29a.jpg
4 (above): Updated today, the National Map showing bands for the 7-day rates per 100,000 of population by Upper Tier Local Authority areas. (UTLA's) which gives some indication of how Suffolk (@ 61.1) compares with the rest of the UK. This can be compared with the map in the previous post.

For comparison, the 7-day rate/100K of population of new cases in the Five LTA's in Suffolk on 29th November were:
East Suffolk: 49.7
Mid Suffolk: 35.6
West Suffolk: 36.9
Babergh: 78.2
Ipswich: 121.2

15_Weekly Cases by MSOA's_29th_Nov.jpg
5 (above): Chart showing the latest ten weeks of the Weekly Cases in the thirty MSOA's in East Suffolk up to 29th November.
15_Weekly Rateser 100K by MSOA's_29th_Nov.jpg
6 (above): Chart showing the latest ten weeks of the Weekly Case Rates per 100,000 of population in the thirty MSOA's in East Suffolk up to 29th November.

The complete spreadsheets, which the above two charts are a part of, are in a Workbook HERE

I have added an additional spreadsheet which is updated daily and shows the daily rolling case totals
as each day is added - HERE

You forget what you want to remember and remember what you would prefer to forget

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Here is an update on the situation in East Suffolk, and Suffolk.

These top two images show how the infection rate has increased significantly in and around the Lowestoft area between the 2nd and the 11th of December. The second image is the latest one available, although the rates for more recent days in the East Suffolk area are still increasing.
17a_East_Suffolk_Areas_2_Lowestoft.jpg
17a_East_Suffolk_Areas_3_Lowestoft.jpg
17a_East_Suffolk_Areas_3_Lowestoft.jpg (79.87 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
The following map of the UK shows how the rate has increased in the whole of Suffolk since the map in the previous post. The number of cases in the rolling seven days has increased from 465 to 808 in the latest map.
17a_Suffolk_Areas_3.jpg
All the other charts I normally post images of have been updated and can be accessed from the links in the previous post.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:09 am

Although I haven't posted any updates in this topic since December, I have been maintaining the various spreadsheets on a daily basis (well, you have to have something to do to pass the time during lockdown) and they can still be accessed from the relevant links in the earlier posts.

However, here is an image of a graph which I have now included on one of this linked Excel workbook sheets.

It shows how the 7-day rolling rate of cases/100K of population has progressed in East Suffolk since the first cases were recorded in March last year. Of course, whilst the figures appear alarming in recent months, we have to remember that the number of tests being carried out now are about ten times higher than they were during the first wave in the second quarter of 2020. Consequently case numbers recorded are likely to be much higher - possibly by a similar factor. However, it is good to see that the numbers are now falling considerably and the latest 7-day rolling rate/100K is now 167.2 and falling. The highest rate recorded was 469.0 four weeks ago on January 8th.

Let's keep up the good work - 'Hands-Face-Space' - to avoid reaching that level again.

click image to enlarge
c19graph2.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:39 pm

Since the last post the East Suffolk 7-day rolling rate has fallen from 167.2 /100k to 50.9/100K as of 21st February - the latest date officially published - and is continuing to fall.

Rather than post any more data/graphs on here, I registered a new domain a few days ago as I decided to put all the details on a dedicated website which is now up and running. The data is spread across five pages and four of them will be updated each evening with the fifth one updating on a weekly basis. It's something that will keep me out of mischief. :D

Here is a link to it: https://eastsuffolkcovid19.uk

When I came to register the domain it wasn't as straightforward as usual. A short time after registering it I received an email from 'Nominet' who are responsible for administering the .UK domains requesting my reason for registering that particular domain name.

This was the main content of that email:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I was able to provide them with the information they requested and within an hour they replied advising that they had accepted my reasons and had activated the domain.

It's was good to know that these checks are in place and particularly with a domain bearing a reference to Covid-19.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:39 am

An article on the BBC website today features a map showing the approximate percentages of the adult (over-16) population in East Suffolk who have received the vaccine. It would seem that one of the MSOA's in the area - Saxmundham and Coldfair Green - has the highest vaccination percentage of any other MSOA in the country, at 66%. Here is the map and a link to the article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-56293839

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:36 pm

With the infection rate in East Suffolk now down to around 27 cases per 100,000 of the population as of the 8th March, I thought I would post these three heat-map images which show the changes at approximately monthly intervals since the rate was 455 cases per 100,000 on January 4th - the day before it reached its highest ever rate of 464 in East Suffolk. On the third image I have marked the eleven MSOA's which, in the main, form the land boundaries of the East Suffolk LTA, which stretches from the Lowestoft area in the north to the Felixstowe area in the south.
0_cases_2021-01-04.jpg
0_cases_2021-02-01.jpg
0_cases_2021-03-08 (1).jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:47 am

Here is a graph, which can be clicked to enlarge, that shows the percentages of over-16's in the LTA's in the ITV Eastern Region who had received their first vaccinations as of one week ago - 7th March. East Suffolk is 52.4%
East of England vaccines.jpg
Image courtesy of ITV.com

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:45 pm

Here is some data as published today (28th) which shows the number of new cases reported in East Suffolk in the seven days up to the 23rd March. (These statistics are reported five days in arrears as some cases may not have been reported immediately).

Whilst cases in recent weeks have fallen significantly and the latest total of 56 cases is a decrease of 22 on the previous week, it shows that five of the six MSOA's (of which there are 30) that have reported three or more cases are all in the Lowestoft area, and all these are an increase on the previous seven days, as indicated in brackets. The sixth one (green outlined in thick black in the first image) is in the extreme south of the area. The five coloured areas of Lowestoft account for 32 of the total of 56 cases in the whole of East Suffolk. The areas in white will have had either 0,1 or 2 cases but this data is suppressed to protect those affected in those areas. Let's hope these figures can be reduced in the coming days.

Also worth a mention is that the current overall case rate in the area of 22.4/100,000 is the lowest since 2nd October when it was 20.8.
East Suffolk 7-day rate at 23_March_2021.jpg
East Suffolk 7-day rate to 23_March_2021.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: COVID-19 in East Suffolk - Interactive Map

Post by boatbuilder » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:59 pm

Whilst looking for something else, I came across this interactive map on the Office for National Statistics website which lets you find out how many Covid-19 deaths there have been, and in which months, in each of the MSOA's in England and Wales, by using your postcode. Using the embed code supplied on the ONS website I have been able to include it in this post.

Use either your mouse wheel whilst your cursor is over the map, or the +/- buttons on the map to zoom in and out and the left mouse button to drag the map to any part of the country. Full screen can be viewed by clicking the icon in the top right corner. Individual monthly figures can be viewed/scrolled depending on the button highlighted on the left side, by using the left (<) or right (>) icons below the button.

This was updated on 30th May 2021 to the latest version that now includes April 2021 statistics.

Source: Office for National Statistics - Deaths due to COVID-19

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:31 am

It was pleasing to see that the latest seven-day rolling rate for East Suffolk, published yesterday (16th) reached its lowest level since the end of September 2020 at just 12.8 cases per 100K of population, last Sunday (11th).

Whilst this is likely to fluctuate in the next week, let's hope the trend continues downwards.

It was also good to see that all of the MSOA's in the Lowestoft area were reporting cases that were suppressed (i.e. 0 to 2) on the same date, as can be seen on the heat map below. Just four of the thirty MSOA's in East Suffolk were reporting either 3 or four cases and these were all in the south of the LTLA area.
Screenshot (961).jpg
Screenshot (961).jpg (61.23 KiB) Viewed 2671 times

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Mon May 17, 2021 11:55 pm

A month on from the previous post, it was good to see the East Suffolk infection rate had dropped below 10 per 100,000 today with just two of the thirty MSOA's reporting more than 2 cases in the seven days to the 12th May. Let's hope the trend continues that way now that restrictions have been lifted further.

The rate of infection for the entire county of Suffolk is 15.9 per 100,000 for the same period which was a fall of 32 cases (-20.9%) on the previous seven days.
ES_92.jpg
ES_92a.jpg

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to see that East Suffolk is the second-highest area, percentage-wise, in England and the sixth-highest in England and Scotland combined, that has administered first vaccinations to its adult population at 78.6% as of the 18th May. Second doses have been given to 50.3%. There doesn't seem to be similar data for Wales available on the GOV.UK website at present. I think the England and Scotland ones were only made available a couple of days ago.

Using these I decided to create an 'interactive' spreadsheet showing all the areas, so if anyone is interested they can look at and 'play' with it HERE and see how their area is performing if you're not in East Suffolk. It opens in a bowser window and is sorted on 'first vaccinations' percentages at start-up. The area codes that begin with 'E' are England and 'S' are Scotland.

There are some instructions on how to use it on the sheet, and I plan to update it each day as it only takes a few minutes in the evening, once GOV.UK has updated its figures.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:44 pm

In the latest official daily statistics published today for June 25th, the East Suffolk LTLA has the current lowest 7-day infection rate in England at 16.8/100,000 and the second lowest rate in the UK behind the Scottish LTLA of Comhairle nan Eilean Siar - the Outer Hebrides - which stands at zero.
The full list can be viewed HERE

The statistics are published five days in arrears and the above link is updated daily.

boatbuilder
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by boatbuilder » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:58 am

Here is a short (53-second) video made as a screen-capture of the gov.uk heat map which shows the infection rates week-by-week over the six months to 15th November.

muzzy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by muzzy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Just booked Booster jab, for Christmas Eve. Figured better to book now, after Boris announcement. It only took 30 minutes waiting in an online queue, with the website constantly crashing. Started off as number 21,000 in the queue, so I suppose everyone else has had similar ideas. Trying to decide with myself whether we will go into lockdown - again - before or after Christmas...